Blue Knights 2012 has absolutely nothing to do with the trajectory of Boston Crusaders 2014. But, if it is historical perspective you find yourself in need of, might I suggest Boston Crusaders 2000 and 2002? In both cases, BAC was in 8th this week and finished in FIFTH at finals.

I am growing tired of these oft-repeated posts all providing the same narrative: Boston's show is amazingly demanding, BUT can they clean it? Seriously? They ARE in fact cleaning it and are gaining on the pack with every show. Check their relative spreads from corps like Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats etc over the last 30 days.

Ironically, some of these folks are most likely the very same people who will shockingly say something like, "Where did Boston come from?" when BAC scrapes their way into 6th in two weeks.

I don't think you need to feel that way. It's a great show. People love it.

People are clearly taking notice of the corps this year.

Blue Knights 2012 has absolutely nothing to do with the trajectory of Boston Crusaders 2014. But, if it is historical perspective you find yourself in need of, might I suggest Boston Crusaders 2000 and 2002? In both cases, BAC was in 8th this week and finished in FIFTH at finals.

I am growing tired of these oft-repeated posts all providing the same narrative: Boston's show is amazingly demanding, BUT can they clean it? Seriously? They ARE in fact cleaning it and are gaining on the pack with every show. Check their relative spreads from corps like Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats etc over the last 30 days.

Ironically, some of these folks are most likely the very same people who will shockingly say something like, "Where did Boston come from?" when BAC scrapes their way into 6th in two weeks.

well if in fact Boston ever makes it to the top 3 or even one...get ready , its the price one pays for being at the top. Support and all the rah rah will last until the win then the next day.....well, thats another story

Edited by GUARDLING

Perhaps you would be better served by responding to the person I quoted instead of me.

In any case, I certainly do hope Boston earns a high placement in Finals.

well if in fact Boston ever makes it to the top 3 or even one...get ready , its the price one pays for being at the top. Support and all the rah rah will last until the win then the next day.....well, thats another story

The Boston Crusaders have already " made it to 3, or even 1", . I know there is the tendency by some to believe that there was no Drum Corps before DCI invented Drum Corps, but in a time when there were hundreds of Corps across the Country, the Boston Crusaders did make it to the top of that mountain. And it was not just a one time thing. They were the Corps at the top, other years, in the top 3, that kickedass and took names. But, as some familar with their history know, they fell so far in later years, that they needed a set of binoculars to see the Corps at the top. By any measure this Corps should have died more deaths than a cat has lives. Imagine losing your Corps name by a judge in a bankruptcy court..they took your name away...imagine being pretty much abandoned by adults that wanted to fold the Corps, so now you are free to go to any Corps you want, but that its unthinkable.. so you go to Allentown to compete, and go in cars, and sleep in the cars or under the stars before prelims. You get beat, 17 brass won't get you far.. but so what.. you are setting the stage until the your army decides to send in reinforcements. It took longer than it ever should have for those reinforcements to arrive, but slowly but surely they began to arrive in the late 90's. They continue those reinforcements to this day. The mountain is still there. The Boston Crusaders are still here. Neither the mountain to be future climbed, nor the Boston Crusaders to climb it, have gone away despite the 74 years of the movement of the up and down of that mountaintop. The Boston Crusaders are going to get to the summit of that mountaintop again. Its not a question of if.. its just a question of when. And when that year's Corps does, it will have been set in motion by all the previous Red and Black wearing mountain climbers that marched in the Corps all these years that refused to allow this Corps to go away.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

The Boston Crusaders have already " made it to 3, or even 1", . I know there is the tendency by some to believe that there was no Drum Corps before DCI invented Drum Corps, but in a time when there were hundreds of Corps across the Country, the Boston Crusaders did make it to the top of that mountain. And it was not just a one time thing. They were the Corps at the top, other years, in the top 3, that kickedass and took names. But, as some familar with their history know, they fell so far in later years, that they needed a set of binoculars to see the Corps at the top. By any measure this Corps should have died more deaths than a cat has lives. Imagine losing your Corps name by a judge in a bankruptcy court..they took your name away...imagine being pretty much abandoned by adults that wanted to fold the Corps, so now you are free to go to any Corps you want, but that its unthinkable.. so you go to Allentown to compete, and go in cars, and sleep in the cars or under the stars before prelims. You get beat, 17 brass won't get you far.. but so what.. you are setting the stage until the your army decides to send in reinforcements. It took longer than it ever should have for those reinforcements to arrive, but slowly but surely they began to arrive in the late 90's. They continue those reinforcements to this day. The mountain is still there. The Boston Crusaders are still here. Neither the mountain to be future climbed, nor the Boston Crusaders to climb it, have gone away despite the 74 years of the movement of the up and down of that mountaintop. The Boston Crusaders are going to get to the summit of that mountaintop again. Its not a question of if.. its just a question of when. And when that year's Corps does, it will have been set in motion by all the previous Red and Black wearing mountain climbers that marched in the Corps all these years that refused to allow this Corps to go away.

I went back as far as DCI ...I didnt think going back over 40 years and wasnt under any criteria as the DCI years had anything to do with drum corps today

to be honest BITD we were just told stay away from BC.. that they were the thugs of drum corps..and loved parking liot fights....but I was talking about corps TODAY at the top not the history of

Edited by GUARDLING

I went back as far as DCI ...I didnt think going back over 40 years and wasnt under any criteria as the DCI years had anything to do with drum corps today

to be honest BITD we were just told stay away from BC.. that they were the thugs of drum corps..and loved parking liot fights....but I was talking about corps TODAY at the top not the history of

Well, Drum Corps in the 50's and 60's was definately more urban in nature, than more surburban as it is today, so naturally BAC, as well as Chicago Cavaliers, St. Lucy's, St. Vincents, etc and a lot of the City oriented Corps had a few marchers that were not fully satisfied unless they got in a fistfight or 2 each year with a rival corps. BAC was by no means unique in this, and they tended to relish that reputation of " stay clear of them ". But 1st place in competition, among a few hundred corps, is first place.. being ranked 2nd, or 3rd in other years, is just that... no matter the year. We do a disservice not to acknowledge their on field accomplisments, simply because the marchers then might have had the supposed birthright misfortune of being born before the DCI years. In their pre DCI Years ( 50's, 60's ) they were on occasion the best, and other times, one of the very best, Drum & Bugle Corps in the country and thats all that matters here, really.

Edited by BRASSO

Well, Drum Corps in the 50's and 60's was definately more urban in nature, than more surburban as it is today, so naturally BAC, as well as Chicago Cavaliers, St. Lucy's, St. Vincents, etc and a lot of the City oriented Corps had a few marchers that were not fully satisfied unless they got in a fistfight or 2 each year with a rival corps. BAC was by no means unique in this, and they tended to relish that reputation of " stay clear of them ". But 1st place, among a few hundred corps, is first place.. being ranked 2nd, or 3rd in other years, is just that... no matter the year. We do a disservice not to acknowledge their accomplisments, simply because the marchers then might have had the supposed birthright misfortune of being born before the DCI years. In their heyday ( 60's ) they were on occasion the best, and other times, one of the very best, Drum & Bugle Corps in the country and thats all that matters here, really.

noone is saying anything about ones history,,,,were talking TODAY and not about anyones history...therye are dozens of coprs in every thread we can talk history cavies, cadets and others cna go back to the beginning of time...its not the subject...but if you wanna go there thats ok...not the subject but ok......................point was IF Boston ever gets to top spot get ready for the hate. It happens to everyone at the top and it happens fast. BUT as in the past..its nothing new. and it was in response to I think a poster upset at maybe the lack of love for Boston

you know youre doing something right when the haters come out

Edited by GUARDLING

..............point was IF Boston ever gets to top spot get ready for the hate. It happens to everyone at the top and it happens fast. BUT as in the past..its nothing new. and it was in response to I think a poster upset at maybe the lack of love for Boston

you know youre doing something right when the haters come out

I guess my initial reply just flew right over your head.

For example, when you said " IF Boston ever gets to the top, get ready for the hate ". I replied above that Boston Crusaders HAVE gotten " to the top ", and thus know full well the hate and jealousy that comes about in some quarters when that happens. BAC actually relished that " hate " found in a few jealous quarters in the 60's when they were on top, or in the top 3. They fed off of it. So I really don't know what else to tell you. When Boston returns to the top in the future again, I wouldn't be concerned as you appear to be that Boston and its alums and fans won't be able to deal with " the haters ". Believe me, most won't care what " the haters" think at all, so don't sweat it ( haha! )

Edited by BRASSO

I guess my initial reply just flew right over your head.

For example, when you said " IF Boston ever gets to the top get ready for the hate ". I replied above that Boston Crusaders HAVE gotten " to the top ", and thus know full well the hate and jealousy that comes about in some quarters when that happens. BAC actually relished that " hate " in the 60's when they were on top, or in the top 3. They fed off of it. So I really don't know what else to tell you. When Boston returns to the top, I wouldn't be concerned as you appear to be that Boston and its alums and fans won't be able to deal with " the haters ". Trust me, most won't care what " the haters think " at all.

I think you missed the point that I was going back no more than 40 years..but as I said If you need to go back that far for the point then thats ok..and as a past staff member of a few years( so you see I do know the history ) Im not concerned nor care who the haters are ..just making a point..is that ok ? and was in response to another post.

If you do look back in the thread though there are many who dont take any critique well....But thats ok its BC thread and it should be positive..theres other threads to rip things apart as many do.

Corps threads not specific in topic should be encouraging to that corps.

Edited by GUARDLING

I think you missed the pint that I was going back no more than 40 years..but as I said If you need to go back that far for the pint then thats ok.

Reading your stream of consciousness commentary on here does sometimes have me believe that perhaps you've gone back " for the pint " perhaps once too often. But thats ok.. and you can have the last word on this, as theres nothing here worth my time with you on.