They just posted another design video!

"With finals drawing nearer for the Boston Crusaders, follow us for a special behind the scenes look at the musical design of our 2014 program Animal Farm."

http://youtu.be/yn6J1TbfNNE?list=PLap6YyIGD2seY1fujsP9DQpCvXi9-oeRN

Well Isn't that incredible.

• Like 1

That makes me love it even more!

Yes. Like i said keep a open mind.

Sounds to me like BAC is suffering from the same problem BK had in 2012 with Avian...but more so.

The fans had a big problem understanding what was going on in Avian throughout the show. BK finally released the back story on their FB page as a way to let people know what the show was all about. BAC is doing the same with these videos.

The unfortunate thing is that most of the people who go to the shows don't look at FB pages. They just go to the show and when they run into an Avian or an Animal Farm their reaction is..."What?".

Now, I don't think this should affect the judge's scoring...unless the judges don't understand what the show is all about and that, somehow affects scores like GE. The rest of it...the music, the guard and so on is all up to the corps. You want a better score...earn it.

Sounds to me like BAC is suffering from the same problem BK had in 2012 with Avian...but more so.

The fans had a big problem understanding what was going on in Avian throughout the show. BK finally released the back story on their FB page as a way to let people know what the show was all about. BAC is doing the same with these videos.

The unfortunate thing is that most of the people who go to the shows don't look at FB pages. They just go to the show and when they run into an Avian or an Animal Farm their reaction is..."What?".

Now, I don't think this should affect the judge's scoring...unless the judges don't understand what the show is all about and that, somehow affects scores like GE. The rest of it...the music, the guard and so on is all up to the corps. You want a better score...earn it.

I know "about" Animal Farm - I never read the book. I don't mind not knowing enough to compare the book to the show.

That being said, from the day when that video of their concert performance in the park first appeared, I've loved this show. I find the arrangements, the way different compositions connect to each other and the performance level of the musicians to be one of the most enjoyable. I don't need the show to be literal - I hadn't even seen the drill when I first thought "Wow!" It's angry, sad and forlorn.

I sincerely hope some other corps are paying attention enough to take more risks in the future.

• Like 4

OK...I totally missed this and have watched BAC a million times....The trombone playing in polyushka polye is actually done by the xylophonist...talk about not having any warm up....that is just so cool...the only thing better would be the entire pit picking up brass instruments and playing as well...lol

I know "about" Animal Farm - I never read the book. I don't mind not knowing enough to compare the book to the show.

That being said, from the day when that video of their concert performance in the park first appeared, I've loved this show. I find the arrangements, the way different compositions connect to each other and the performance level of the musicians to be one of the most enjoyable. I don't need the show to be literal - I hadn't even seen the drill when I first thought "Wow!" It's angry, sad and forlorn.

I sincerely hope some other corps are paying attention enough to take more risks in the future.

agree and I wish people had this attitude when BD did some of the shows heavy in theme. I said it many times that for 11 min., how literal can one get BUT there were some here that challenged the fact that every detail of a theme, thought, and action was and needed to be done and that staffs sat and actually did this verses the flare, taste or essence of the theme.

In designing a shown if a staff can get the message across musically and visually in 11 1/2 min. HUGE SUCCESS. Im very glad people are seeing this here as far as the theme is concerned.

• Like 2