Reading your stream of consciousness commentary on here does sometimes have me believe that perhaps you've gone back " for the pint " perhaps once too often. But thats ok.. and you can have the last word on this, as theres nothing here worth my time with you on.

your right nothing worth the time at all. :wow:

I think you missed the point that I was going back no more than 40 years..but as I said If you need to go back that far for the point then thats ok..and as a past staff member of a few years( so you see I do know the history ) Im not concerned nor care who the haters are ..just making a point..is that ok ? and was in response to another post.

If you do look back in the thread though there are many who dont take any critique well....But thats ok its BC thread and it should be positive..theres other threads to rip things apart as many do.

Corps threads not specific in topic should be encouraging to that corps.

Go back 40 years. in the mid 70's Boston was beating several corps that were in the top 12. example Cadets. With less people than the others had. Those years plus late 80's and 90's. as well.

Go back 40 years. in the mid 70's Boston was beating several corps that were in the top 12. example Cadets. With less people than the others had. Those years plus late 80's and 90's. as well.

and? the point was that Craiga was saying how tired he was of the negativity basically on Bac or the show...all I said was youve arrived when the negativity flies out and that whe you reach the top its worse..thats it BUT like usual Brasso takes a post and runs in 100 directions with it...but thats ok too. some need it

Edited by GUARDLING

Blue Knights 2012 has absolutely nothing to do with the trajectory of Boston Crusaders 2014. But, if it is historical perspective you find yourself in need of, might I suggest Boston Crusaders 2000 and 2002? In both cases, BAC was in 8th this week and finished in FIFTH at finals.

I am growing tired of these oft-repeated posts all providing the same narrative: Boston's show is amazingly demanding, BUT can they clean it? Seriously? They ARE in fact cleaning it and are gaining on the pack with every show. Check their relative spreads from corps like Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats etc over the last 30 days.

Ironically, some of these folks are most likely the very same people who will shockingly say something like, "Where did Boston come from?" when BAC scrapes their way into 6th in two weeks.

You're definitely right in that most people on this forum tend to underestimate BAC placement-wise. I'd love to see them move up, and it's great to see them cleaning the show so well. That being said, it's still very dirty, and not just at certain moments, but throughout the show. I don't think the question is can they clean it, but rather, is all of the visual demand in the show translating into effect?

For me, it's not (I felt similarly last year). The drill program definitely has its moments (such as the rotating triangles at the end of the opener, though that moment is still filthy) but I don't think it is particularly well-written overall. Much of the writing just looks very muddled (way too dense) and lacks direction. The little visual touches (guard putting on clothes, trumpet antics in the pit) are cool but not enough on their own.

As others have said, the new uniforms while sharp up close are way too dark from up high and make the progression of drill moves muddy and unclear. Whenever a corps sports very dark or all-white unis, the drill should incorporate a lot of wider intervals for clarity's sake. (Of course a good balance is needed, though.) Other corps in recent years have suffered from this issue - Crown 2012 and Phantom 2010 come to mind. All of this is just my own take on the show.

Musically, Ryan & Ellis really knocked it out of the park. The arrangements are fantastic and really fit the theme well. Very demanding and awesome to listen to. I just think that it is too bad that the members are struggling to perform it up to potential because of the drill demand.

I do think BAC can potentially catch Phantom, though I think BK will be a tougher nut to crack. BK is killing it in GE, they have a wonderful visual program and stellar music book, and despite the comments about their show being easy they still have a lot of cleaning to do as well.

As always, I would like nothing more than for BAC to prove me wrong! Regardless, Animal Farm is definitely a memorable show, and one I'll be listening to quite a bit.

• Like 1

and? the point was that Craiga was saying how tired he was of the negativity basically on Bac or the show...all I said was youve arrived when the negativity flies out and that whe you reach the top its worse..thats it BUT like usual Brasso takes a post and runs in 100 directions with it...but thats ok too. some need it

Absolutely. Read a few pages of the Cadets thread. You'd think they were forming swastikas on the field the visceral hate for them is unreal.

• Like 2

Absolutely. Read a few pages of the Cadets thread. You'd think they were forming swastikas on the field the visceral hate for them is unreal.

Maybe that would be cool and show how the U.S and their allies kick Germany, Iltaly ###.

Finally got around to watching this show.

It's absolutely beautiful. I've never even read Animal Farm.

I wish like heck this show existed in an earlier era, because it's pretty B.A. and has incredible demand on literally every single member. Unfortunately today's era with the emphasis on execution and almost ignoring demand, it's obviously going to be dragged down in favor of corps with reliance on cheaper methods of GE. Current DCI loves "MORE" over "demand". Loved at the end when they slowly led into the diminished Conquest theme.

Really hope this show jumps past BK and Regiment. It's such an organic experience compared to every other blandfest in DCI today.

• Like 3

My only thought on Bostons show is that its ironic how many people are touting Boston Strong when Animal Farm is based on the danger of totalitarian regimes and totalitarian control over a major US city and stripping people of their freedoms is exactly what happened in Boston immediately following the bombings.

My only thought on Bostons show is that its ironic how many people are touting Boston Strong when Animal Farm is based on the danger of totalitarian regimes and totalitarian control over a major US city and stripping people of their freedoms is exactly what happened in Boston immediately following the bombings.

I am absolutely speechless at this comment.

• Like 1

I am absolutely speechless at this comment.

look at his blog name.