Blue Devils 2014 Thread

Never pick uniforms like that again, the dada show already happened.

This is my favorite BD show since 2011. .

Same here. I havn't yet seen 2014 BD live yet, but like what I've seen and heard from them on Fan Network.

My brief review of BD's performance at Citrus College is posted.

http://tapper7.com/socal-drum-corps-weekend/

"They're always ready"

Much love, Tapper.

Do you like milkshakes?

It all depends what you call a " milkshake ". If its made like a frappe,.. yes.

As I've warned many over the past couple of years, you can't judge BD's show based on a video. Even if it's the Glendora version, things are constantly being revised, formalized, focused and cleaned up. The lights and cameras absolutely work, if you see it live. Agree on the tables though...it's something that Jay and company will have to resolve. It's always a work in progress, first half of the season. They don't write drill sheets first...that's last. Basic staging and concepts are put into place, drill moves are generalized and once it's determined to be workable, THEN they come up with dot sheets. I think that's brilliant, in that it allows a collaborative atmosphere in creation of the visual. As a drill writer of many years, Pyware and/or whatever system you use CAN be a bit of a restriction. I'm sure any of us who have written drill have tons of examples where you back up and 86 or change swaths of drill. I do think BD's staging is rock solid now, placement and transfer of focus works quite nicely live (something you can't see unless it's live). They do have some work to do on the last two minutes or so, but I'm sure that's to come. This might be a very hard show to beat.

Do you like milkshakes?

Yes, who doesn't and why dost thou inquire?

Bump. go BD!

Next couple o' weeks should provide excitement aplenty.

BD's schedule shows 7/6 with the Cavs, 7/8 with Bloo, 7/9 with Cadets.

7/13 has a TOC show minus SCV, where BD appears to be performing first. That should be a great experience for the judges.

7/14 TOC with SCV, and BD performing last.

Texas and then 7/19 San Antonio.

Pressure on all the groups as they finally compete together. Regardless of outcome, it will be good to get a status check and develop plans for the push to Indy.

If I recall last year, there was also a good bit of movement from San Antonio through Allentown. I expect it to be drama-filled for the fans.

Buckle up!

Do you think the west comes in with an advantage of newness, or the easterners gain from being more battle tested?