Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

There were several moments in several of the shows where the Goo was vibrating the seats. Too much, staff, these horn lines don't need to be doubled.

Bluecoats. Pleasantly surprised me. The visual design i loved. The way they used the props made them seem so small (in size) at times. Great use of the whole field.

Musically it was fun. Unfortunately i don't see them toping crown. My distaste of the cadets show skews my judgement of them, although i think they were cleaner.

Bloo is definitely a tier above cavies, phantom, boston, madison.

5th is the lowest i would place them. 3rd likely the highest, despite not seeing west shows yet. (When i get home i will though)

• Like 1

Tilt was so much better then expected! Very visual show but the payoff was perfect. Props used very well, synth used in better ways then I thought. I can actually say I want to see how they progress this summer.

Crown. Simply magnificent! Can't wait to hear this on finals!!!!

Really....did you look out on the field because here is what you said about another corps with way less distractions.

Cadets. Ugh.

The most distracting show i have ever witnessed. Its hard to put into words. The awkward narration ruins an otherwise pleasant and delightful show.

• Like 1

There were several moments in several of the shows where the Goo was vibrating the seats. Too much, staff, these horn lines don't need to be doubled.

So you're telling me its a bluecoats show?

Really....did you look out on the field because here is what you said about another corps with way less distractions.

Cadets. Ugh.

The most distracting show i have ever witnessed. Its hard to put into words. The awkward narration ruins an otherwise pleasant and delightful show.

I would say the cadets were musically distracting, which personally is a higher offense than being visually distracting. For the record, I don't find Crown's props distracting. But you will fault me for that too perhaps.

• Like 2

Cadets. Ugh.

There is a lot going on, but it is not a distraction in the same way the cadets are. I can look at different areas of the field, there aren't interruptions being made to my viewing of the show or the listening of it. Just like cavies XtraordinarY. A lot going on, not distracting.

When a narrator goes up to speak, just like a soloist, you are drawn to them. At the expense of watching what else is going on the field. Guard members doing guard things is not a distraction, you are supposed to notice their actions but not necessarily be drawn only to them. Exceptions being a narrative story.

Crown had no real narrative. They had features you were supposed to notice.

Cadets' had an abstract narrative where you are taken on a lecture that seems to be interrupted by the corps playing music.

If you can't see the difference, or feel it, then i can't really help you.

• Like 2

At least in NJ, despite a pro-Cadets crowd, we get actual reviews, not this hacked negative review on every corps but their own.

• Like 6

At least in NJ, despite a pro-Cadets crowd, we get actual reviews, not this hacked negative review on every corps but their own.

I didn't realize this wasn't a subjective activity. Also everyone has their own opinion that they will share. Strictly being sickeningly positive about every corps does a disservice to everyone. Not every corps is amazing and reviews will reflect that.

• Like 2