Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

How was Bluecoats' "Hymn for Acxiom?"

If it's the part I'm thinking of just wonderful. I was so pleasantly surprised by their music this year.

I'll describe it as a haunting ballad.

Then yes, just wonderful. It worked perfectly with everything they were trying to accomplish.

I would say the cadets were musically distracting, which personally is a higher offense than being visually distracting. For the record, I don't find Crown's props distracting. But you will fault me for that too perhaps.

Visually distracting is a big offense to me. Watching groups of people jumping on trampolines, non-musical instruments set up close to the side lines, and having many obstacles on the competition field breaks the flow for me.

I will not fault anyone for their opinions, I can listen to the music and narration with my eyes closed....when I attend a show it is to WATCH how the music is visually interpreted by the performers...having so many items cut into the visual, is difficult for me.

• Like 1

Remind my to steer clear of Ohio.

You have taken everything being said tonight out of context. If anything, remind me to stay out of NJ where everything you might say get thrown in your face. Please theCHEZman, grow up. We are all critical of shows. Get over it. I am a proud BD fan, I put up with crap from people on DCP all the time with people ragging on their shows past and present. I put up with it cause what am I to say? I am critical of theirs shows too. Just like last year I didn't like the show at all and I believe it placed where it deserved. Not every corps is treated the same. If they did then this wouldn't be a summer long COMPETITION WITH AWARDS AT EACH SHOW. For you to sit at your phone and computer and tell us that we are too critical is complete BS. Not every show that every corps puts on is a crowd pleaser. Not every show is one that I run home to talk about, and we have the opinion to express how we feel.

• Like 1

I got my glass of wine.. my live feed on from Stanford, and reading the posts in here = very entertaining.

• Like 2