Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

It's 2014..... People we don't march with tympani anymore. Get use to Narration.

Some don't carry Rifles anymore either, RiflemanCG, so why not bring yourself up to speed here in 2014 and rename yourself "twirlythingyCG " ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I am hearing a crazy amount of hype for Bluecoats and I want to believe.

• Like 3

The Bluecoats are doling some things musically in Brass playing this season that have never been done before in Drum Corps. 'Don't want to spoil it, and can't explain it in a way that does any justice to it, so you'll just have to hear it to fully appreciate it, imo. But if the Bluecoats musically don't get your heart rate beating faster this summer, then somebody might need to maybe check your pulse.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

I am hearing a crazy amount of hype for Bluecoats and I want to believe.

The hype tonight is coming from the show in Akron, not just preconceived which is awesome. Only negative thing I read was something about the Synth being a little too loud, but it sounds like from many reports, the show is a hit.

It's 2014.... Narration helps tell the story. Drum Corps has evolved.. People we don't march with tympani anymore. Get use to Narration.

It's 2014, and narration still sucks just as much as it did in 2005. You can put lipstick on the pig but it's still a pig. When it comes to narration drum corps didn't evolve, it changed. In a bad way that detracts attention from the really talented brass and percussion musicians on the field. "Evolved" lol.

• Like 1

It's 2014, and narration still sucks just as much as it did in 2005. You can put lipstick on the pig but it's still a pig. When it comes to narration drum corps didn't evolve, it changed. In a bad way that detracts attention from the really talented brass and percussion musicians on the field. "Evolved" lol.

Narration, weird guard uniforms, less drill and more laying around with body movement, esoteric design, music that's supposed to be displeasing....yes, it's a different activity. A lot of what I listed actually helped some corps win gold medals but of all, narration is the least offensive. The visual clutter is what I can't "overlook".

• Like 1

The Bluecoats are doling some things musically in Brass playing this season that have never been done before in Drum Corps. 'Don't want to spoil it, and can't explain it in a way that does any justice to it, so you'll just have to hear it to fully appreciate it, imo. But if the Bluecoats musically don't get your heart rate beating faster this summer, then somebody might need to maybe check your pulse.

Still think that 43 second clip sounds like some very good synth help.

• Like 1

Narration, weird guard uniforms, less drill and more laying around with body movement, esoteric design, music that's supposed to be displeasing....yes, it's a different activity. A lot of what I listed actually helped some corps win gold medals but of all, narration is the least offensive. The visual clutter is what I can't "overlook".

Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem. I can listen to the great music and not be distracted by the visual clutter, but when obnoxious blathering into a microphone drowns out the music, I can't deal with that. If I want to hear talking I can, 24/7/365. To me, the thing that makes drum corps special is the music.

• Like 1