Fan Network 2014-2015?

I don't think it was that low... I think maybe that was the mid-season price? I feel like I definitely paid more than that.

You're right. The price became $39 later into the offseason. It was not 39 initially.

Just got my renewal notice, and looked it up. I'm very pleased that they have set a reasonable price unlike WGI. I believe this to be a great service at a fair price, so I will definitely renew. WGI got absolutely no money from me. I'm sure they don't care, but I'm still bitter.

yeah i bought one day of percussion finals week after i paid for the full year. I don't know what WGI's numbers were, I'm thinking next year will go down for the finals packages. I ,mean running up to 4 venues live at the same time has to be a drain on the budget...but ####, that was a bit much. Then again, DCI probably has more subsribers to balance it out across

I don't think it was that low... I think maybe that was the mid-season price? I feel like I definitely paid more than that.

Correct. Live was either $59 or $69 last year. $39 is mid season...actually "after" season pricing (after all of the live webcasts are done).

it was $69 last year too

My wife just called the DCI office to ask about the new subscriptions, what the price was, and when they would be available. The lady who she spoke with knew absolutely nothing. She said they should be up in the next week or so, but not sure when, and didn't know the price, but she did say it should be comparable to last years price. My wife told her that she felt that DCI had really poor customer service, to come down to the day the previous subscription ended, and yet they don't have any details for the new subscription. The lady on the phone agreed with her.

I really feel like DCI has really gone downhill with their customer service. I really wish I was able to just not subscribe to thefannetwork this year to prove a point. But I can't bear to think of all the early season shows I won't be able to see, and can't do it. So like many others I will pay the price for the subscription, and suffer along with others when the service is spotty, buffering, slow, and deal with their poor customer service and tech support.

I still remember the days when they actually had people in the office that were knowledgeable and actually cared. People who would make sure they found the information you were looking for, and would respond to your emails. Not sure if Dan Acheson is the one to blame for this situation, but regardless I miss the days when you could speak to Terri, Donna, Kristy, Emily or another rep who actually seemed to understand the average drum corps fan.

The lady there's always nice and helpful on the phone. That's good customer service! ...and the information was released today. :satisfied:

Edited by jjeffeory

When are the powers that be going to wake up and smell the fact that it's 2014? Many of us *do not want* physical media. The Finals stream should be included in ALL packages, not just the one that includes some stupid coaster.

'cause I want physical media that I control forever. As long as they don't get rid of that, I'm good. You can give away your media.

No, I get that. But for me, I stopped buying the DVDs years ago when I realized that I really wasn't watching them much at all after the initial play when I received them, and even then only a couple of corps. I'd say 90%+ of the time I do watch corps, it's on my computer or iPad. Also, the quality of video and sound on last years' 1080p live stream was incredibly good.

I suspect I'm not alone in my stance on this either...

I totally agree with you, but this isn't quite the same as a DVD. This is also for posterity and historical purposes. I don't buy DVDs or Blurays ( much) anymore, love Netflix, et cetera. But I don't want to HAVE to have a subscription to watch shows. Anyway, you're right, you're not alone. I'm not alone. ...but it looks like there is a streaming option for you.

I like to transcribe the finals DVD, using an app like iSkysoft Media Converter to load my favorite shows onto my iPad for viewing on the long train trips to the office...works great and the quality is fine for me.

Does anyone know if the live streaming is supported by HTML5, or is it Flash? I have been using Chrome Beta and Google Chromecast to watch videos in the Fan Network media library (which I assume are HTML5) and it works great! It would be fantastic to push webcasts to my TV from a phone and not have a huge setup.

I've sent this to DCI already and am interested in what they say. Let me know if any of you all know the answer. If no one knows, I'll be sure to post their response.