2014 uniforms

I am definitely not a fan of these...made me conjure up an image of a cowboy in a fringe jacket and not in a good way either....but I will reserve final judgement when I see them in person.

Yup... in your Cowboy vernacular, did the Phantom Uniform Committee let the horse do the thinkin' ?

• Like 2

oh my...

L884GYk.jpg

This may end up like 1992, another year where Cesario went overboard (remember the blue Roman shoulder drape things?) There is hope that, as back then, the excess will get trimmed as the season progresses. I had a hunch they might go with a black and white combo, but I thought it would be a fresh design, as opposed to him recycling one of his FJM greatest hits, which has been sold to so many high school bands.

Whenever this corps attempts a theme with birds in it, they seem to have a bizarre short circuit that produces fringe to represent feathers. They did it in that "Air" show too with those dirt brown guard costumes which looked more like a salute to Pocahontas than anything avian. I don't get it, and would be surprised if this stuff lasts past midseason. Looks like it will create visual clutter on a grand scale.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't mind the fringes TOO much... if anything, the thing that bugs me the most is how freakin' wide that silver sash is. Give a little more black or a little more white, but too much silver splitting it.

Bluecoats have posted this.

10404900_10154202730165710_1021305190595

When some DCP'ers talk about their concerns of excessive beheading depicted in some DCI show designs of late, I'm sorry, but If the Bluecoats in the future change up their headegear to something other than this, I could be persuaded to support the beatings then the public beheadings of those responsible for that headgear decision.

Edited by BRASSO

Bluecoats are using white plumes this year. I'm guessing it's because they're going to incorporate a lot of body movement (like "TILT"ing) and white plumes are visually pleasing.

Wow,

Just saw the PR uniform.

Are they changing the show to Oklahoma?

I have always enjoyed Phantom, but those uniforms, uhhhhhh.

• Like 1

The Bluecoats helmets are meant to be in a similar style as that of the English bobby on the beat. This style of uniform was very popular amongst American police departments throughout the late 19th and early 20th centuries. For those who don't know the history of the Bluecoats, they were originally sponsored by the Canton Police Department, and even prominently displayed the department emblem on their equipment trucks and busses well into the 90's.

I for one would be very disappointed the day they ditch these nods to their history and replace them with whatever headwear happens to be the "in" thing at that particular moment.

• Like 1