• 2006 in trance it
    • 2010 a second chance
    • 2008 finis
    • 2011 rach star
    • 2002 Greek mythology
    • 2001 industry
    • 2000 the mask of Zorro

Why did crown score so low in 2002? Better yet how did the go 10th-16th-10th

Interesting fact...to me anyway.....I have never totally loved a Carolina Crown show. Ever. I've enjoyed some parts of some shows. Some of their shows I haven't cared for at all. Though I have no problems admitting that I totally admire and respect their technical brilliance and how far they've come over the years. They're the best drum corps in the world right now, make no mistake about it. But in general, their shows have just never completely won me over. Which is odd because most every other corps has had multiple shows over the years which I have completely adored, whether they were championship caliber or not. And there's nothing I enjoy more than totally flipping for a corps' show. Maybe this is the year......crank up those trampolenes! :)

Interesting how all the corps seem to have a clear favorite or two in terms of favorite show but Crown's distribution is much more dispersed

Togas for the color guard. Weak brass.

They systematically addressed their weaknesses and began to rise in placement.

2010 for the music book. Just for the sheer fact that they put Mahler 2 on the field with that kind of brass spread is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Even with the way the Finals show added can't take away from that great production.

• Like 1

2010 for the music book. Just for the sheer fact that they put Mahler 2 on the field with that kind of brass spread is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Even with the way the Finals show added can't take away from that great production.

agree. stupid good. spreads player to player were ridiculous (and in the end perhaps just a little too ridiculous).

The show is on youtube now, and is one of the few places you'll be able to find it probably as DCI rotates stock. The design is painful to watch and hear (this coming from some of the members too).

Togas for the color guard. Weak brass.

They systematically addressed their weaknesses and began to rise in placement.

I was at the West Chester PA show in 2002, and as Icarus ran up towards the sun, feathers were flying off of his costume...one kid in the stands yelled out "Look, he is moulting!" :tounge2:

In my opinion, Crown's shows get better and better every year.

I wonder why 2009 was such a distant second. IMO, that was the most talented hornline they have ever fielded. I think the blue devils deserved it, but I would expect a much smaller gap.