Sunday's Crown performance

BD used like 100 chairs a couples of years ago.

Like 100 poles last year.

Like 20 mirrors one year.

Enough PVC poles to make the outline of a house one year.

10 something rolling tables, and 20 something chairs this year.

BD is the King or Queen of props.

Yes, but they usually do a lot of just one thing, so it does 't look as cluttered. I understand what btown is saying about clutter with this Crown show. It wasn't a huge problem for me, but I can see where it could become a problem. Edited by jasgre2000

lol the down-with-crown gang has appeared!

Please. This thread is 98% crown-gasm. Which is cool. But a few critical comments won't hurt. And a couple of them MIGHT be accurate. It's June 15th.

But hey ... haters!!!!! lolol!!

• Like 5

WOW..

That closer has a lot of notes.

It has the potential to be an AMAZING show. It does.. It screams that.

(Also, love the Jupiter quote at the end of the ballad)

Its feels a bit disjointed but its june.

But, its a LOT of notes and it honestly feels like a continuation of last season.

Can't wait to watch it evolve over the summer.

also the frisbee part I think is super effective overall.

Also dat first hit. :wow:

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 3

lol the down-with-crown gang has appeared!

And the Crown-can-do-wrong homers have reared their heads. Heaven forbid someone offer a critique (I suspect you have a time or three).

If you don't think the 2014 is amazingly similar to 2013, you should rewatch.

• Like 5

That's troubling. I have wired fiber and normally stream things perfectly. Hopefully it is just a one time hangup. Anyone now if they are planning on using youtube all season?

All fiber is wired.

If you have FiOS, you might want to ask them if they have enough interconnect links as peering is a big issue that for Verizon and Comcast, especially right now.

I think the Fan Network usually uses Brightcove, but it's a new year. This stream was on youtube. Maybe your ISP will do better later.

Incidentally, I have FiOS too, and it was fine.

This was just to much for me. There were so many props on the field. When BD uses props, they have very little of them and they use them effectively. This is a good show, but it was just to much. I do not see them repeating as champions this year. Like I said, good show music was good, I heard a little Planets for Holst, but I think they are overdoing it this year.

Did you even see re:Rite of Spring...?

Amazing horn line again. And well-developed and integrated show, everything fit and made sense, flowed well. But end of show seemed a bit basic, I assume they will jazz it up over the season.

Lot of visual and musical GE, and lots of notes, of course. But show is not as musical or artistically compelling as BD's show. Crown's show is not very emotional; seems more intent on delivering "shock and awe". Which is a fine choice, just feels a bit cold.

Trampolines did not add much, kind of distracting. Overall effect was: hey, look, people jumping up and down on trampolines. Aural effect of persuasion dispersed around field, could not really tell, but added to visual clutter. The "gamelan" pod was visually pretty nifty, and sounded great (what were the snares playing, car mufflers?)

Uni's are great color combo. Guard outfit not flattering to the individual, but overall effect ties in well with musicians.

My gut reaction is BD has better overall show, but Crown could win with execution. And Cadets have lot to worry about.

I like Crown's show a bunch better.

Hmmmmm....mirrors, chairs, poles. If BD had "very little" of them, I'd hate to see a copious amount.

I think the reference was to uniformity/singularity of props in each of those years. Each one of those had a very singular, clear message. No 13 different elements that could distract from the unity of the message.

Then, there was Dada. Which was dada after all.