Rain outs affect on competitiveness.

remember the G7 wanted to perform on Fri/Sat/Sun only, and BD, arguably the most successful corps, performs less than anyone else.

So I don't think fewer performances will have an impact.

for a few you could be right , for most it hurts ..alot....but even the best cant have to many lost opportunities .

1 show performance can be as good as a week of rehearsals....

Amen... we all know it.

• Like 1

With the Blue Stars potentially looking at their 3rd rain out in a row, wondering at what point the lack of exposure affects the corps when they finally get to go head to head with other corps in their range who have had several viewings. My guess/hope is not much but just curious on what people think.

I'm sure you remember The Academy and Pacific Crest catching flack on here a couple of years ago for not being in very many shows.

Same thing I'd guess.

I'm sure you remember The Academy and Pacific Crest catching flack on here a couple of years ago for not being in very many shows.

Same thing I'd guess.

The question remains regarding those corps, if they had been at more early season shows and had more exposure, would they have been more competitive? We'll never know.

electronics have been around now a while. Dont you think its rained at shows..you dont think people have thought of this....you dont think lightning even from far hasnt been a concern of guards for decades and decades...............and flippant isnt my style...................if there were a complete water tight fortress around the electronics that poster would have posted it..if i believed for 1 sec it was truly about the rain , fine.....its more about the electronics , rather than the rain....this I'm very sure of..and thats ok.....complain away if they must...they aren't fliipin going anwhere..no joke

IF ( and i will give the benefit of the doubt ) the concern as they wrote how will judges judge it...well I guess they will find a way to just work through it..maybe like if a field is rain soaked and drill sucks or hurricane winds and guard work..I think the world will still turn and the show will go on. BUT maybe they are right and more reason for dome shows...hmmmmmmmmmm :shutup:

PS: he also never mentioned safety...just how the show would be judged or go on...hmmmmm tell ya something?

raining in Ohio...maybe heres an answer

Well, as long as you know what he's thinking... I sure don't. I can only read what's posted. You know, like you, I would like to think that people have thought of this, i.e. electrical safety. In fact I truly hope so, because an electrical fault happens in a fraction of a second, and there is no time to react to it - it's already too late. So yes, I hope safey precautions are in place. And then I think of the BD guard girl who apparently has suffered quite a serious injury. I happen to believe all accidents like this are preventable. It does make me wonder just exactly how seriously safety is being treated. I hope, very seriously.

How many years has what been? You can be flippant about electrical safety. But it's not a joke.

Ill be more interested to see when "standing water" becomes more of a issue with the electronics when a corps cannot use electronics but the show can still go on.

How will the judges score the out of balance issues.???

I recall in 2012, the TOC show at the Meadowlands had to go as an exhibition due to the amount of water on the field. Some corps (Regiment) pushed on through the rain while others didn't bring out any electronics at all. This was one of the last shows before finals week.

Basically, no judging if no electronics.

Well, as long as you know what he's thinking... I sure don't. I can only read what's posted. You know, like you, I would like to think that people have thought of this, i.e. electrical safety. In fact I truly hope so, because an electrical fault happens in a fraction of a second, and there is no time to react to it - it's already too late. So yes, I hope safey precautions are in place. And then I think of the BD guard girl who apparently has suffered quite a serious injury. I happen to believe all accidents like this are preventable. It does make me wonder just exactly how seriously safety is being treated. I hope, very seriously.

I cant speak for all corps of course BUT I do believe safety does come 1st BUT that doesnt mean accidents wont haooen and do, all the time. Especially with guard people. I cant tell you BITD how many bones I have broken, bloody noses, a shattered wrist..hmmmmmmm maybe i wasnt as good as i thought....lol