Brass instruments rule change 2014

Why do the Cavaliers need a concert euphonium?

jjeffeory pointed one thing it's for already, but it also turns into a headstone.

• Like 1

Step away, hell, I'm running away from it. Did you enjoy Milli Vanilli, too?

So you knew Milli Vanilli was lip-syncing before the general public? Wow!!!

As for your feelings on amplification, what type of music do you like, outside if drum corps of course, because very few concerts at any level I go to have zero electronics anymore.

Clearly you're not a fan of Crown and BD though, correct? Because they, along with many others have mic'd for years.

I mean clearly you haven't studied third stream jazz, instrumental acoustics, or have any drum corps performance experience. PM me, we'll get a little course pack prepared you can use.

Edited by tesmusic

It's a flugelhorn and french horn. Not mello. Still working out the best way to mic and EQ on the board. This is what the early season and live sound reinforcement is all about.

Well then, the flugel sounded way better and stomped on the French horn – I expected a better transition, integration and was surprised at all the issues of executions. I hope we don’t have to go through another 10 year learning curve as we have with amps, so that designers and instructors can figure out what they demanded because they’ve been using them in the band world for years

3 out of the 4 uses were fails

Just giving my impression of how they worked not what I think of them and the rule

There should be some megathreads on DCP that should be pinned, and anyone that makes any additional thread about them should receive a temp ban. Anyone that discusses these four topics outside of their respective threads should be temp banned. That might save some headaches for those that want to find discussions going on that aren't cyclical and repetitive. Topics could be amps, all brass, G Bugles vs. B Flats, Uniforms, G7.. you get the idea.

Does that apply to both pro and con, or just the viewpoints with which you disagree?

After seeing a lot of these shows with the new instruments, kinda have an eh reaction. Not the activity ending apocalypse that was expected on here, but it didn't really add anything to me. I see a few of these live in a few weeks, we'll see if the live experience is any different.

Glassmen 01 - 02 Flugel forever. :wub:

Edited by DrumManTx

I mean clearly you haven't studied third stream jazz, instrumental acoustics, or have any drum corps performance experience. PM me, we'll get a little course pack prepared you can use.

Yes, it's all very clear to you, I can see that. I enjoy being schooled by someone who is actually in school himself. What else can you tell me I know nothing about that I have degrees in?

Do amplified instruments sound good to you? Really?

Do you get a commission for the gear you sell to people who don't really care what it sounds like because it's the new thing? (That I could understand being defensive about.)

I did think the point Mason made on the broadcast was a good one. Percussionists can use anything they want, yet year after year corps mostly march standard battery instrumentation because it works. Same story here: just because a trombone is legal doesn't mean that corps will use it always or often.

That said, the usage we've seen to date was pretty meh. The Cadets' french horn and Cavaliers' euphonium solos were well-played, but I don't think they've have been any less effective on a baritone or mellophone. A trombone can obviously do some things a baritone cannot, but I found the Scouts' use very underwhelming - it was short, buried in the texture, and didn't create much effect. It was kind of hard to understand why Mason made such a fuss about it.

• Like 1

Yes, it's all very clear to you, I can see that. I enjoy being schooled by someone who is actually in school himself. What else can you tell me I know nothing about that I have degrees t.)

I'm in school? ####, better tell my administrator.

I love that you can't answer my questions, but decide instead to ask me questions.

Well played oh wise one.