PPL Patibulation - Chester, PA -- 6 July 2014

...this without BD or SCV in the mix? Let's see where Blue is in a week; fair enough? Right now I'm not putting anything on "could take it all".

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Irving - do you believe Cadets could take it all at this time? well - then they are less than 1 point ahead of Coats. Therefore coats are in the mix. That's all I'm saying and I don't really need to "wait" to say it. Coats are the real deal.

• Like 2

Sure thing. Put on a Christmas show with Christmas tunes like " Jingle Bells ", etc, and if its got a high performance and talent levels, thats sufficient enough, if you're the Cadets. This year, who doesn't like Abe Lincoln, JFK, FDR, etc ?.. its unpatriotic to not like any of them... the show theme has a simple " clarity", for certain and the judges like that, so its a fomula thats guaranteed to work like a charm every time. This is not a knock on the Cadets at all. I think I've seen this 2014 type of Americana, Patriotic show from The Cadets a dozen times over the years. It never gets worn. Its like hearing " Melaquena" played over and over again. Its familiar, and always enjoyable... and the Cadets 2014 show theme of Patriotic pandering, with familar music, most of which most of us here have all here heard before, works very well for the judges and most fans alike. So whats not to like with what they're doing ? Its hard to quibble with anything that works.

Consider that with each passing generation, there seems to be a receding level of historical knowledge and perspective among Americans (generality of course); so the Presidential quotes are not necessarily re-treads for a bunch of younger viewers especially. That said, the Cadets are not doing a version of Cirque du Soleil on the field, so they have that to overcome at least :-)

Irving - do you believe Cadets could take it all at this time? well - then they are less than 1 point ahead of Coats. Therefore coats are in the mix. That's all I'm saying and I don't really need to "wait" to say it. Coats are the real deal.

I hestiate to answer that question until not only do BD and Cadets go up against each other but I want to see BD live and not some fan network viewing. I said Coats were the real deal with their staff sitting right beside me at the first show of the season. They are very good and the auidence loves them but I will put money on who has a better shot at winning in Indy. That's not a dish to blue its just crowded at the top at the moment. It took Crown how long to break through?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

YES, YES, YES!!! A thousand times, YES!!!

Um. How to put this... ?

Like most things in life the truth lies in the middle. No - their show isn't "broken" - but yes, it needs some major revamps. As does Cadet's frankly. Advantage: BD

I am new here and didn't know that Mr. Dixon was such an expert on show construction. He must be in great demand by corps that need revamping during the season and very busy. :wow:

• Like 2

I am new here and didn't know that Mr. Dixon was such an expert on show construction. He must be in great demand by corps that need revamping during the season and very busy. :wow:

Oh, I'd say George is pretty knowledgeable on the subject of good design. He's also got a teensy bit of history with this here site as well.

True, but just like any others opinions expressed on here, he is entitled to it, and we should be leary of assailing it, even if we might not agree with his assessments and observations, as it appears here that you don't. You migght want to share your observations and assessments on where you might disagree with his. That way, we all here can observe the disparate positions between the two of you on it.

Did you hear me say Cadets were going to take it all; even though they are closer to achieving that than Blue is? Even when I don't place expectations on the Cadets they end up right where they usually are come Indy.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Even if you did say Cadets were gonna take it all, SO WHAT?!?!?!?! So many people are on Bluecoats' bandwagon. Why NOT stand behind Cadets?!?! Bluecoats are good, Crown is good, Cadets are good. #### straight I want Cadets to take it all. It's time for Cadets fans to stop walking on eggshells about whether or not Cadets can take the Championship.

Edited by 2000Cadet