DCI Denton

Convective clusters. MAN, I hate those ############s.

. . . though, come to think of it, I could see some corps picking up "Convective Cluster" as their show theme.

It's the convective cluster***** that you really have to watch out for.
  • Like 1

Here's the thing about the whole "Global Warming" idea's....Personally, I'm not buying it, I think its mainly political fwiw. Too many factors involved, not nearly enough data to support either warming or cooling. We, as a human race, have only been keeping true data for 144 years now, of those 144 years how much of that is accurate?..maybe 50...maybe? then we are throwing those numbers into a supercomputer and expect it to tell us the future trends based on 50 to 144 years of data?? and how many years has the earth been in existence? All the computers on earth do not have enough horsepower to do especially with the lack of data. Al Gore said the polar ice caps would be completely melted by 2013...this year there is more ice on the ice caps that ever before on record. Look at the data, hard to challenge that fact. 4 out of the 5 last years have been getting colder and colder, there is hard data to support that too. Myself, I am trying to become a winter expert, there aren't that many simply because winter is the hardest weather to forecast. From everything I've seen, read, listened to people speak, studied, ect...we go through about 30 year cycles, or have for the past few hundred years or so at least. We went through cold cycles in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Warm through the 80's 90's and 2000's...are we turning down again?? remains to be seen. in a BIG picture like this, you can't look at 1 year specifically, you have to look at the big picture.

Sorry for the weather rant :ninja:

OH GAWD! STICK TO TALKING ABOUT DRUM CORPS!

• Like 2

Actually this is a forum for drum corps in case you didn't noticed.

Keep your ideas and things about your doubts about Global Warming and Climate Change away from this forum. It doesn't belong here.

I think maybe we can cut rainshdw08 a little slack, considering:

1. It is his topic (he is the OP);

2. He has been very generous with his time in terms of providing weather forecasts for many show sites this season;

3. He is actually a "weather guy" if I am correct, so his thoughts about weather might carry a bit more weight than the average Joe.

Also, maybe it would be best to let the mods decide what is and is not appropriate.

• Like 5

I agree that this is not the place to express one's views about the validity of climate change, no matter how much expertise one may or may not have.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

I agree that this is not the place to express one's views about climate change.

Amazing how sensitive people are about something slightly political yet we're able to rip at each other's throats on this forum without a teardrop to be seen.

OH GAWD! STICK TO TALKING ABOUT DRUM CORPS!

:soapbox::wall:

I think global warming is melting everyone's brain..... Who cares if someone believes in it or not. He provided great weather detail for the show sites and is not threatening anyone.... Stop the bickering over something so silly! It's a drum corps site and drum corps is the discussion not global warming effects on instrumental development

Amazing how sensitive people are about something slightly political yet we're able to rip at each other's throats on this forum without a teardrop to be seen.

pretty much yep ... it's the place to slug away about drum corps!