Favorite underrated show

What are some of your favorite underrated shows? By underrated, I mean either shows that you liked that most other people didn't enjoy or shows that did relatively poorly with the judges based on a corps usual placement.

I'm not entirely sure this one qualifies by my own definitions, but I really love SCV's 2010 Bartok show. I was a relatively new fan at the time, but it seems like most people here on this board were not that enamored with it at the time. It was also one of the worst received shows by the judges in SCV's history. There could be other reasons why it scored poorly, but I think the show design is one of my favorites of all time. Kind of shocked, actually, that no one else has (had) used Concerto for Orchestra. The opening of the fifth movement seems perfect for drum corps.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 2

PR 07 and 10.

2006 Bluecoats (Connexus), 2007 Phantom Regiment (On Air), 2012 Blue Knights (Avian), 2008 Carolina Crown (Finis), 2009 Blue Stars (The Factory), 2009 Santa Clara Vanguard (Ballet for Martha)

2006 Bluecoats (Connexus), 2007 Phantom Regiment (On Air), 2012 Blue Knights (Avian), 2008 Carolina Crown (Finis), 2009 Blue Stars (The Factory), 2009 Santa Clara Vanguard (Ballet for Martha)

Pretty sure Crown 2008 was pretty well received

Pretty sure Crown 2008 was pretty well received

Ya, I guess you are right, but from the standpoint of its placement vs my love of the show, I feel it was underrated.

1980 Santa Clara Vanguard

1979 Troopers

• Like 1