One Person's Thoughts on Animal Farm.

So giving concrete examples of how the design team failed in my mind is attacking/belittling? Interesting.

Maybe saying that it was a waste of the member's talents is not the most tactful way of presenting a critique on the show? Just maybe.

• Like 2

I think it still needs to be a combination of both other wise we are going to see some lame poorly put together shows. We cant take a step back in this. I do agree that there can be more added to the sheets to specifically pin down some elements BUT I do think that is taken into consideration with SOME of the judges. MAybe its better education or accountability for the JUDGE is whats needed even if the judge has been around since dirt.

The only result of the "combination" sheet is that perfomers receive less attention and designers get more.

As I said already: there are already captions for design (effect and ensemble) . There's absolutely no need to duplicate them in the guard caption. I can't imagine why making the guard caption a melded equipment-movement sheet is suddenly going to make designs/show lame and poorly put together.

Edited by corpsband

Maybe saying that it was a waste of the member's talents is not the most tactful way of presenting a critique on the show? Just maybe.

Why, it was. Besides, why is everyone getting bent out of shape, people did the same thing in the Scouts thread, criticizing the design all summer, and I didnt see this many fans getting bent out of shape. But I guess no one can criticize BAC, that's just blasphemous.

The only result of the "combination" sheet is that perfomers receive less attention and designers get more.

As I said already: there are already captions for design (effect and ensemble) . There's absolutely no need to duplicate them in the guard caption. I can't imagine why making the guard caption a melded equipment-movement sheet is suddenly going to make designs/show lame and poorly put together.

Ive seen it through the year when something like this happens. New guards start throwing things for so called effect for the hell of it and have no business doing what they are doing. The guard caption although a part of the other sheets needs and deserves its own set of criteria, even if repeated just like music would have. it in many cases is 40 people out of 150 and should never go back to not having their own criteria's . It wasn't fair when it was like this and people worked very hard to have the same respect wihtin their own captions as other sections.

I think though we are saying almost the same thing. Guard does need criteria for excellence, no doubt of that. We just may differ on WHO we believe deserved what. Lets take BD YES design moved them forward BUT of that guard was a hot mess with what they were given they would NEVER have achieved what they did. Good design gets credit, it always does BUT if not done well it cant and I believe with most DONT get the credit. So in essence maybe we are on the same page ( almost..lol )

Edited by GUARDLING

Why, it was. Besides, why is everyone getting bent out of shape, people did the same thing in the Scouts thread, criticizing the design all summer, and I didnt see this many fans getting bent out of shape. But I guess no one can criticize BAC, that's just blasphemous.

lol..look at cadets and BD , They dont even come out and they get criticized....lol

So….. It's okay because someone else did it somewhere else on DCP? Guess that's an excuse.

So, here's what I DON'T get....there seem to be a few folks who spend tons of time on the Boston thread(s), apparently for no other reason than to constantly criticize the corps. If you don't like Boston, why not simply avoid coming in to a Boston thread....perhaps you might be happier on some other threads.

Although I enjoyed MOST corps this summer, there were a few which I found not enjoyable. I do NOT go on those corps' threads and bash them or their staffs or their design teams.

Accordingly, if I went onto a thread about Corps X and continuously bashed them with my pseudointellectual drivel, I should expect to face the wrath of their supporters as well.

So.. It's okay because someone else did it somewhere else on DCP? Guess that's an excuse.

Simply stating a fact. Besides, I'm not going to apologize for calling out a design staff that IN MY OPINION failed.

Notice by the way that they have a new program coordinator, guess I'm not the only one that didn't like their programming, but once again, I guess it's blasphemous to criticize BAC, as they can do no wrong.

So, here's what I DON'T get....there seem to be a few folks who spend tons of time on the Boston thread(s), apparently for no other reason than to constantly criticize the corps. If you don't like Boston, why not simply avoid coming in to a Boston thread....perhaps you might be happier on some other threads.

Although I enjoyed MOST corps this summer, there were a few which I found not enjoyable. I do NOT go on those corps' threads and bash them or their staffs or their design teams.

Accordingly, if I went onto a thread about Corps X and continuously bashed them with my pseudointellectual drivel, I should expect to face the wrath of their supporters as well.

Yeah, because no one does that to other corps.

But when it happens in the BAC thread it's the ####### apocalypse.

lol..look at cadets and BD , They dont even come out and they get criticized....lol

But those 2 corps are the root of all evil so it's warranted.

Ok, sarcasm off.