Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

Well, standing on the FSL while not much else was going on certainly helps, but they did sound good.

Oh yeah, b/c the Blue Devils play everything on the move, right? :satisfied:

• Like 1

I don't get all the love for this show...this is easily the most forgettable show in the top 12 for me. I like the percussion book but otherwise, just meh.

Switch percussion with horn line and I'll say the same about crown

Love this Bluecoats show!!! And as an aside, I've been very very pleased with the camera work overall. Seems they are getting the important close up sections right on, and the high cam switch on most of the great drill moments. This is so unlike when I marched in 87, where all the cool drill or snare licks were missed while got to watch a great cymbal roll in the pit!!! Lol!!

• Like 1

Bluecoats' show is like a really good action movie (like Guardians of the Galaxy). It's crazy fun and audiences love it, even though you know the Academy won't go near it in anything other than effects categories (which is just fine with me).

More one-armed horn playing...

Love this Bluecoats show!!! And as an aside, I've been very very pleased with the camera work overall. Seems they are getting the important close up sections right on, and the high cam switch on most of the great drill moments. This is so unlike when I marched in 87, where all the cool drill or snare licks were missed while got to watch a great cymbal roll in the pit!!! Lol!!

Ah yes, those wonderful pit close-ups of the mid-80s... Cadets 1986 might have my favorite, when the guy is rolling on a break drum, the camera stays on him for like 5 seconds, then zooms in on just his face.