2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

I reiterate, i was roughly 15 feet from the source of this sound. I did *not* hear an "L"

Ahh. Well there's always that one guy or those few people, there always is and always will be. It happens, they're not speaking for a majority. Don't read too much into it.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I just got back upstairs from watching the BD victory run, right on the 50. It was amazing! Congratulations to the Blue Devils organization for winning literally EVERY contest they participated in during DCI week.

Congratulations to the Bluecoats for their best competitive finish in the history of the corps as well as the best score ever.

An amazing season. I can't believe how awesome it was.

I have to pack up. They're turning off the lights and BD is still cleaning up the field. I'll see you next in Rochester, New York, for the 2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships!

Thanks, as always, for your coverage Kevin. Enjoy DCA finals!

• Like 1

Loved Blue Devils. Deserved to win for sure, so I don't want my comment here to be seen as negative in any way towards the kids that did such an awesome job tonight. But the judging community ought to be ashamed of themselves for letting the scores get out of hand this year. Was the BD show the best drum corps show ever? Was it even the bst BD show ever? Tough to say. 1980, 1982, 1986 BD were all just as great relative to their competition - an just as clean as this year's BD show. But a near 100 should never even be possible. For the integrity of the activity, I think the judges this year really messed up.

• Like 7

Park and Blow scores a perfect GE and Viz. Congrats DCI. Way to send a message. As to the real Viz corps like SCV and Crown, you guys keep doing what you're doing. And the real GE winner, BLOO, how they can ignore an entire stadium of DCI players and fans, well, let's just say we all saw the same thing. BD, congrats on a great show and an amazing hornline.

• Like 3

When a scoring system is based on rewarding achievement (as opposed to demerits for errors) there is no such thing as a perfect score. The numbers are simply a vehicle to get the rank and spread correct. Who cares if the winning score was a 99.65 or a 23.4. The corps were in the right order with the right spread. Who cares about the math that got them there.

• Like 9

So I guess Phantom didn't pull a penalty, must have been a DCI delay. Bummer for BK, was pulling for them to hold their position. And wow, just wow - what a great year! Congrats to all of those amazing groups. No hatorade here, just a ton of awe and respect.

However, I just gotta...BLOOOOOOOOO

As mentioned, the G7 is still in tact.

Park and Blow scores a perfect GE and Viz. Congrats DCI. Way to send a message. As to the real Viz corps like SCV and Crown, you guys keep doing what you're doing. And the real GE winner, BLOO, how they can ignore an entire stadium of DCI players and fans, well, let's just say we all saw the same thing. BD, congrats on a great show and an amazing hornline.

You sound just a little bitter. Care for a lemon drop?

• Like 2

When a scoring system is based on rewarding achievement (as opposed to demerits for errors) there is no such thing as a perfect score. The numbers are simply a vehicle to get the rank and spread correct. Who cares if the winning score was a 99.65 or a 23.4. The corps were in the right order with the right spread. Who cares about the math that got them there.

This guy gets it! If only we could sticky this post to the top of the forum!

• Like 4

This is a guy who gets it.

• Like 4

Those corps will NEVER win visual on these sheets and this system anymore. It's as plain as day to me now. It's about individual and small ensemble reads, and partitioning that "big" football field down into a more manageable basketball court size space. Add layers and show multiple skills through out the show. It's not about big and sustain moments, or showing the same "tired" marching effects.

Frankly, it's almost like two or three different activities now, and one or two of them is going to be rewarded the most.

• Like 3