I have performed in a couple shows (DCI, WGI and HS) that have involved scatter drill and when I found out scatter drill was coming up, I felt like screaming and punching someone. The scatter move itself didn't bother me but the amount of time we would have to spend to perfect it was ridiculous compared to a normal drill move. Like the others have said above me, scatter drill is one of those things that looks incredibly easy but it only looks that way because it's been designed and rehearsed to make it work. I've never agreed with people that say scatter drill dumbs down drill design or makes a show easier but that's just my opinion.

I do see someones point though that lets say one person a quarter step off a company front can completely screw up the line (that's where the good ole lean back in place fits in :wow:) and for the most part, the same doesn't hold true with scatter drill. However, being a step off or just being in the wrong place can REALLY make for some good domino action.

• Like 1

Point to any scatter drill that you think is a hot mess and anyone can respond with, "It's supposed to look that way".

Also works when you right free-form guard work (cough, cough, rhythmic ribbons)

the score is relative so BD should be thanking the 4 previous corps for creating the opportunity for their high score :ninja:

5 corps. BD should definitely thank either the previous 2 corps, or the previous 5 corps...

True... MLB is not a good analogy, but since you made it, even when the Yankees take the best players from the lower teams, the league at least makes them give back to the lower placing teams at least SOMETHING in return too (ie, money, draft picks, minor leaguers, etc ).

Its been said a few times before.. DCI is the only known youth competitive youth sport in the entire world that has never had an official transfer policy in place between competing teams. Even little leaguers, soccer players, basketball players, hockey players, football players who pay for the right to do youth amateur sports don't get to select the team they want to play on when they write that check.

But DCI does.

And we like it this way ! BD LOVES this system. Such an unprecedented system that will allow BD, to win more titles the next 35 years, than Federico Fellini had pairs of suits, shirts and ties.

those kids aren't paying $3000

• Like 1

those kids aren't paying $3000

Yeah, a lot of them are paying more than that to do travel teams.

• Like 1

Travel teams they are recruited for, and choose. Oh, wait, that ruins Brasso's argument.

So corps have never gone after talented mm from other corps? A mm gets the word they have a spot for the two corps they auditioned for. They then choose who they wish to march with.

So corps have never gone after talented mm from other corps? A mm gets the word they have a spot for the two corps they auditioned for. They then choose who they wish to march with.

Never said otherwise. I do think that the overwhelming majority of stories about corps "stealing" members are bunk though. Has it happened? Probably, but no where near what a few claim. Most corps just recruit openly, and whoever comes, comes. Auditioning for two or more corps and choosing one isn't "recruiting our guys!"