2015 Predictions

This year is over and next year is a new start. Some corps will make good design and staff decisions and others bad. I expect Crossmen will have a strong recruiting class after the year they had and a high retention rate. If they maintain the staff they had this year I would expect them to be pushing some of the corps that were just in front of them. Time will tell

I hope Blue Stars hang on to their staff they got ahold of last year, some consistency will do wonders for them, see Blue Devils for what staff consistency can do. Brass line was a lot stronger this year, drumline was just as good, color guard was absolutely killer, and the show design was another big improvement. 2 years of solid improvement after 2012, hope it continues. If they do, would be awesome to see them back in the top 8 again. I don't think they're going anywhere unless a huge staff change occurs.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I am not even going to attempt a guess at next year's placements. I will say it is hard not to go with Blue Devils winning. They are simply too good. When they do not win it is an upset. It is like Iowa wrestling during the late 70s and 80s.

SCV and Cavaliers certainly seem to be on the rise, but how do they jump the Cadets and Bluecoats? Why would we not expect to see Crown back at the top?

The only G7 corps that seems to have a challenge in front of to remain in the G7 is Phantom, but, like a poster above stated, they are always capable of a surprise.

Blue Knights had a good formula this year, but I cannot tell if this will carry over.

Blue Stars have a staff that seem to know how to design a high scoring show, so I expect they will be better, but it is very hard to jump any of the corps in front of them.

Boston certainly should be better, barring another ego trip design that wastes top six talent on delivering a message that 90% of the fans could not care less about.

Madison should always be a top six corps considering the advantages they have because of their history, fan base and recruiting capability. Yet, they always seem to underachieve.

The final spot? Crossmen's hold on number 12 seems precarious. Colts are coming (they probably could have made it to #12 this year if the scarecrow had died in early June). Troopers simply did not have the show this year, but I imagine they will come roaring back next year.

One last corps that I want to keep an eye on is Blue Devils B. The challenge to put two corps from the Blue Devils organization in finals might be one the staff and members take on. That would be kind of cool.

I hope Spirit rebounds, but I think they fell way too far to make a move back into finals one year after placing 17.

I wouldn't count them out just yet. Remember they moved from 16th in 2010 to 12th in 2011. Up from 17th is do-able.

- Blue Stars have supplanted Madison, once again, as the best corps in the state of Wisconsin.

That's debatable. So many people have ragged on Madison, yet when I saw both the Blue Stars and Madison on 5 occasions live, as well as at finals, and subsequent videos, I can't say that the Blue Stars are better than Madison, and to be frank, I don't think the Boston Crusaders were better either.

Madison has not been supplanted! Just wait till next year. I totally agree with the statement above. Madison should have ended up above Boston and Blue Stars.

I wouldn't count them out just yet. Remember they moved from 16th in 2010 to 12th in 2011. Up from 17th is do-able.

And Bones went 17-12 from 2011-2012. It's possible with the right show.

• Like 1

Good to see you took care of that Trojan your computer had that kept repeating the letter "a."

Aw yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

- Blue Stars have supplanted Madison, once again, as the best corps in the state of Wisconsin. Will Madison respond? They have a lot to do in Madison, but I know the "boys" will be back. I also like the direction Blue Stars took this year, and they have an excellent instructional staff.

I'm confused. I thought Madison was from Indiana now???

I'm confused. I thought Madison was from Indiana now???

Oh Christ on a mother ####### pogo stick, give it a rest.

If schools in Wisconsin wouldn't charge so much and it wasn't so expensive to fly into the Dane County Airport, among other reasons, maybe it would be more fiscally responsible for Madison and other corps, including the Blue Stars to do all their rehearsing in Wisconsin.

Give the Indiana Scouts rhetoric a rest please.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 2