2015 Predictions

The only thing I will predict is the top 12 in 2015 will be the same as the finalists in 2014. No change. Just a slight shuffling of the places.

My top 4 in any order

SCV

BD

BC

Cadets

All 4 shows are good enough to win Gold. I think it will be very very tight down the stretch, and a super fantastic show is going to fail to medal.

That's my 2015 prediction, the fouth-place corps this year would have medaled in almost any other year.

We won't really know much until the corps start seeing other face to face in a regional

Very hard to assign a "pecking order" for anyone at this juncture

Just looking "at the shows" I'd probably put Coats & Cadets a smidge in front, followed by BD. Crown and SCV are comparable in my view. Better horns for Crown / better drums for SCV - otherwise that's really hard to pick

Anyway - just guesses and nothing much more...

Most seasons 2 corps pull away from the pack a little at the end. Last year one did. This year I say 2 or 3 will. JMO

My top 4 in any order

SCV

BD

BC

Cadets

All 4 shows are good enough to win Gold. I think it will be very very tight down the stretch, and a super fantastic show is going to fail to medal.

That's my 2015 prediction, the fouth-place corps this year would have medaled in almost any other year.

Agreed. I think personal biases aside, your list is accurate.

Not so much an outward prediction...but there are going to be a series of shows in late July-early August with the Blue Stars, Crossmen, Troopers, Colts, and Oregon Crest all going head-to-head on the same shows.

A little week-long road trip would be REAL sweet at that time...

Edited by HornTeacher

Not so much an outward prediction...but there are going to be a series of shows in late July-early August with the Blue Stars, Crossmen, Troopers, Colts, and Oregon Crest all going head-to-head on the same shows.

Oregon Crest?

After last year's show and the growth in their design this year, I don't think Blue Stars needs to be in that conversation anymore. They're in the next group up with Phantom, BK, Cavaliers, etc. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Oregon Crest?

Sorry about that...PACIFIC Crest.

After last year's show and the growth in their design this year, I don't think Blue Stars needs to be in that conversation anymore. They're in the next group up with Phantom, BK, Cavaliers, etc. Just my opinion.

You're most certainly correct, Phan. I was merely listing them because for most of those shows, that is the group in the next tier which the other corps will be facing. To me, that should provide a decent indication of whatever advancements/improvements they might me making.

Edited by HornTeacher