2015 Predictions

Some good stuff. I think most of the predictions are fair.

Regarding Boston, however, 14th seems pretty extreme. Last year's show was very high-risk and audacious for a middle-of-the-pack group. The drill design was especially exposed. Michael Lentz and the program staff weren't just trying to challenge the members, I really think they were trying to challenge current DCI conventions (they made a "G7" set for God's sake).

Lentz isn't around anymore -- which is a shame, because drum corps needs more people like him -- but their staff core is pretty much the same. Plus, they added Adam Sage to visual/guard, which should help things.

Whether the show design is avante-garde, ultra-conventional, or old-school ... BAC still has the talent and staff to stay firmly in finals.

Plus none of the corps that finished behind Boston last year seem to be much stronger. The only one that would maybe have a shot is Madison (depending on how they do with their new staff).

Are you supporting the ideal, ShutUp, that one does not bite the hand that feeds it? I don't know you...but I'd be willing to bet that, based on your writings, you'd cringe over that every bit as much as I do.

Edited by HornTeacher

Now that most of the show reps are out there, let's give it a go...

14 BAC - this is purely speculation but I wonder if the dust is still settling after last year

17 Spirit

It looks to be an epic year...good luck to all performing groups!

Seems a little low to me with these 2 Corps, I think Spirit bounces back from last season's 17th finish. But who knows, you could be proven right on these 2 Corps placements when the dust clears in August.

Edited by BRASSO

Has anyone heard anything about the Academy? Show, news, anything? I can't seem to find any info on them except for a couple news releases on their website, but nothing pertaining to the summer aside from asking for truck drivers. Even membership info hasn't been updated since the initial audition information. Nothing about camps or anything past the first audition camps.

Has anyone heard anything about the Academy? Show, news, anything? I can't seem to find any info on them except for a couple news releases on their website, but nothing pertaining to the summer aside from asking for truck drivers. Even membership info hasn't been updated since the initial audition information. Nothing about camps or anything past the first audition camps.

They may be doing some sort of secret show.

They're going to leave the field empty and silent for the duration their timeslots at every show. It'll be revolutionary.

For warmups out in the parking lot, they'll all pair up and silently stare into one another's eyes.

Edited by ChuckH

I know what their show is but I will be respectful to the corps and not spill any info. I can tell you though that it will be a fan favorite

I know what their show is but I will be respectful to the corps and not spill any info. I can tell you though that it will be a fan favorite

Awesome! They really turned it around last year after 2013, loved "Vanity Fair". Academy's always been one of the last to announce, I'm sure things are going great in Tempe.

• Like 1

For warmups out in the parking lot, they'll all pair up and silently stare into one another's eyes.

We actually did that during a rehearsal block once.

That's exactly what I want you to think, or is it?