2015 Predictions

I see this year as being the most competitive year we've seen in awhile. Kudos to so many corps for becoming so great and the staffs that are continuing to push the activity. I'll do a late spring prediction that's more of what I'd like to see than anything else.

1) Cadets- I'll be interested to see this show conceptually and visually. Musically what's not to like.

2) BD- Initially this show doesn't feel as inviting as this past year's program, but that's a gut thing and nothing else.

3) I think Crown will medal this year and could take the title as well. Show choices look awesome.

4) Bluecoats- After last year's high would I be shocked to see them in medal or title contention? No.... But staying at the top is awfully hard with so many amazing corps. Definite dark horse even though they should probably be listed as a favorite.

5) SCV- Could say the same thing here.... Would I be shocked if they moved up? No- but.... I'm not digging the concept based solely on what was announced. Still excited to see it with an open mind and bet I'll be loving it come summer.

6) Cavies- Hige step forward last year will continue this year. Maybe they battle for 4-6 but not quite top 3 level yet? We'll see. They stepped it up at a good time cause corps under them are stronger than ever.

7) would love to see BK in 6th or higher... Possible? Yes. To me they're the dark horse to shuffle the deck in the middle of the top 6. That said they very well could have their strongest all around corps deep with vets and talent and be out of top 7. It's going to be fun to say the least. Love the Whitacre choices

8) Phantom- I think they'll be better this year but still get passed by BK. it's going to be a bloodbath I'm betting... Show concept seems a little better this year but maybe a bit forced- we'll see.

9) Blue Stars- Just seems like everyone is checking the rear view mirrors to see what they'll do. Biggest wrench in the middle of top 12. They could jump into top 7 contention or be in the 9-11 range... Who knows but they're gonna be fun to watch.

10) Boston- With such big staff turnover it might take a year or so for BAC to jump to their normal single digits OR they could be typical Boston and just prove doubters wrong. It wouldn't be a surprise:)

11) Madison just seems as though they've kinda lost steam. I'm not sold on the musical stuff but again I'll keep an open mind. They really reinvented themselves with some shows 2-3 years ago. This feels a bit dry as did a year ago.

12) Colts- I just feel it's the year of the Colts! Another week to last season and here's betting Colts were knocking on 11th place. I think they are building something special in Iowa, other than corn

13) Crossmen- No doubt a solid contender to get back in.

14) Trooopers- Darkhorse of the top 14 that really could shake the finals slots up.

Past that I'm excited to see how BDB will come out, if Spirit can get some mojo back and so much more....

Wes P

• Like 2

Listed by last year's final placements with some fundamental questions and a floor/ceiling prediction. I kept the remaining corps after 18th blank, just because I haven't seen enough/any to make a judgement. Feel free to add floor/ceiling analysis to these groups if you want.

1) Blue Devils - Will this year's literary show inspire the same crowd-pleasing moments AND competitive dominance?

Floor - 3rd (By the slimmest of margins)

Ceiling - 1st (2 points over the runner-up)

2) Bluecoats - Will bloo maintain their strengths (music performance captions) while improving their weaknesses (guard)?

Floor - 6th (I think the design staff learns from past mistakes and won't drop out of the top 6 for a while)

Ceiling - 1st (If the guard doesn't improve, they must win a caption or two)

3) Cadets - Has GH and company come up with a focused concept that shows the corps strengths?

Floor - 4th

Ceiling - 1st (No matter what, this has potential to be a favorite Cadets show for many ... best since 2011)

4) SCV - Will a non-percussion caption step up?

Floor - 7th (Rennick and a decent core staff will keep them from placing lower)

Ceiling - 1st (Not likely, but it's possible with the right show)

5) Crown - Will they rebound from last year's inspired yet cluttered show?

Floor - 5th (brass and competent visual program are too good to go any lower)

Ceiling - 1st (I think they'll at least rebound into medal contention)

6) Cavaliers - Does the post-2012 upward trajectory continue?

Floor - 8th (I think only Phantom and BK have a shot at passing them, and that's only if the design staff lays an egg)

Ceiling - 3rd (Too dense up there to get any higher, but the show sounds fun and focused enough to be top 3 material)

7) Phantom - Will the "City of Light" be the vehicle that gets them back into the top 5?

Floor - 9th (The instructional staff is too good to let them fall any further)

Ceiling - 3rd (Same as Cavaliers ... the talent is there to medal. They just need the right show)

8) Blue Knights - Can their design staff improve on last year's memorable, emotional show?

Floor - 11th (strong GE and music performance captions will keep them in finals)

Ceiling - 6th (They're capable of repeating their 2000 finish, but a major player like SCV and/or Cavies need to fall)

9) Blue Stars - Can the corps improve in other areas other than GE and Shapiro's incredible guard?

Floor - 11th (Scouts are capable of passing them, but they're staying in finals)

Ceiling - 6th (I'm reluctant to give them this high of a ceiling, but their elite guard can drag them upward)

10) Boston Crusaders - Will BAC perform a more conventional show for year 75?

Floor - 11th ("Animal Farm" is one of my all-time favorites. The visual staff took tons of risks, which ultimately warranted a lower placement)

Ceiling - 5th (Yes, I'm giving them a higher ceiling than Blue Stars and BK. It's an anniversary year and this underrated staff is capable of coming up with something inspired)

11) Madison Scouts - Will Madison rise above the stereotypical "transition year" blues and produce something that both the fans/alumni AND judges like?

Floor - 14th (It's unlikely they'll fall this far, but it's possible. I'm certain it won't be as bad as 2007 or 2009, but a fundamentally different design staff raises some questions)

Ceiling - 8th (Like Phantom and Boston -- corps that are going in different directions from the prior year -- Madison's placement range is hard to gauge. You can say whatever about the Mason years, but one thing is clear: his shows kept them in finals. I love that Boerma is back, and I'm excited to see something fresh, but the show needs to be a focused concept that everyone can buy into. They can't afford to make a bunch of mid-season changes again)

12) Crossmen - Will this balanced corps (fairly equal contribution across all captions) stay rooted as a perennial finalist again?

Floor - 15th (Design miscalculations and/or rising competition can knock them out of finals again ... see 2013)

Ceiling - 10th (I feel a tad guilty giving them this ceiling, but I'm pretty confident they will at least be back in finals. Last year, they waltzed into finals with 1 point penalty and a so-so -- in my opinion -- show concept. I think this will be a really cool show ... Jubal Step is going to bring some old-school Bones sizzle. Besides that, this staff is good at getting the most out of its performers. They push their members without overwriting -- at least in the music captions)

13) Colts - Will another unique, narrative-heavy show launch them into finals again ... or will music performance issues keep them out again?

Floor - 15th (I predicted in another thread that the red team would make finals this year ... but after looking at the competition above, I'm not so sure. The drum staff was new last year, so I think they'll improve in that region, but the other music performance captions need to improve. Sub-captions went as high as 9th and as low as 17th. The combination of Sylvester, Naffier, and staff retention will give them a higher floor)

Ceiling - 11th (This corps' strengths are visual performance and GE, which will help them at least stay in finals contention ... and maybe, maybe cement a Saturday performance. The X-factor is where Madison ends up. I honestly don't see Colts passing Crossmen)

14) Troopers - Can the staff figure out the right visual elements to go with a phenomenal music ensemble?

Floor - 17th (I doubt the mistakes from 2012's show will happen again)

Ceiling - 11th (Troopers are the exact inverse of Colts: strong music performance, safe visually. I know nothing about "Wild Horses." It sounds like a decent, focused concept ... and people have a soft spot for horses -- remember 2007 Crown? If the design team takes some more calculated visual risks, I think it's capable of being a memorable year. Similar scenario as Colts ... Madison needs to fall)

15) Blue Devils B - How far can Meehan, Karlin, and the instructional staff push these kids?

Floor - 20th (Last year was the first time I ever saw BDB live. Simply incredible. I think corps like The Academy, Spirit, and PC have extra incentive to up their game this year)

Ceiling - 13th (As cool as it would be to see BDB in finals, it would require some insane shake-up up top. No idea if last year's finish is indicative of a long-term trend)

16) The Academy - Can this corps find something extra to get them back into finals contention?

Floor - 20th

Ceiling - 13th (Returning design staff is very promising. Like BDB's ceiling prediction, though, there needs to be some serious shake-up to be able to pass both Troopers and Colts)

17) Spirit of Atlanta - Will visual/design improvements get this corps "Out of The Ashes" and back into finals?

Floor - 18th (They pretty much hit the floor last year. I doubt they'll go any lower)

Ceiling - 12th (I think they'll miss finals, but I'm willing to give them a higher ceiling than the above two. It's a returning staff coming back to a corps that isn't that far removed from 11th place. Again, serious help is needed to get in)

18) Vanguard Cadets - Like their Bay Area rivals, can SCVC leave some more World Class groups in their wake?

Floor - 21st

Ceiling - 15th (From what I've seen, finals contention is pretty out-of-sight, but I'm really excited to see what the top Open Class corps can do)

19) Oregon Crusaders -

20) Pacific Crest -

21) Mandarins -

22) Jersey Surf -

23) Genesis -

24) Spartans -

25) 7th Regiment -

26) Cascades -

27) Music City -

28) Gold -

29) Legends -

30) Pioneer -

31) Raiders -

32) Colt Cadets -

33) Coastal Surge -

34) Les Stentors -

35) Racine Scouts -

36) Blue Saints -

New Corps Coming to Indy

River City Rhythm (not listed on dci.org yet) -

Jubal -

Yokohama Scouts -

... Any one else?

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
  • Like 7

12. Spirit

11. Crossmen

10. Madison Scouts

9. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

7. Phantom Regiment

6. Bluecoats

5. The Cavaliers

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Carolina Crown

2. The Cadets

1. Blue Devils

Edited my long-winded floor/ceiling predictions and made it even longer.

Some overall analysis and predictions ...

- I'm confident that every corps in last year's top 10 (BAC and above) stays in finals.

- It gets really interesting among Madison, Crossmen, Colts, Troopers, BDB, Academy, and Spirit. Do you take programmatic risks (like the Colts did last year and will likely do this year), or do you play it relatively safe (like Crossmen did ... which isn't a knock at all ... the staff was smart about their program and they finished 12th with a show that a lot of people liked)?

I think Madison ultimately stays in finals. They have learned too much from 2007 and 2009. They have enough returning staff. Their brass staff is great at what they do, and Boerma's return will help things too. Their visual and guard staff seem decent enough as well.

Mason laid a pretty solid blueprint for this staff to follow.

- Were the high finishes by BDB and SCVC a fluke? Can there be another lower division finalist for the first time since 2002?

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

- Were the high finishes by BDB and SCVC a fluke? Can there be another lower division finalist for the first time since 2002?

BDB and SCVC had nice shows in 2014. However, I don't see them challenging for a top 12 spot. The top 12 lately is as hard as it has ever been to crack. Troopers (2013) and Colts (2014) are prime examples of how hard it is to gain that 12th spot. Last year, even a late surge of Spirit and Colts wasn't enought to get in - even with the 1pt spot by Crossmen. Then you've got Pacific Crest and The Academy - always bringing excellent shows along with the likes of Oregon Crusaders.

• Like 1

BDB and SCVC had nice shows in 2014. However, I don't see them challenging for a top 12 spot. The top 12 lately is as hard as it has ever been to crack. Troopers (2013) and Colts (2014) are prime examples of how hard it is to gain that 12th spot. Last year, even a late surge of Spirit and Colts wasn't enought to get in - even with the 1pt spot by Crossmen. Then you've got Pacific Crest and The Academy - always bringing excellent shows along with the likes of Oregon Crusaders.

I agree. I thought the corps performed well, but I don't think they had the performance maturity that all the corps above them, and to be honest, some they scored higher than in world class have in their performance.

I know a lot of people will disagree, I just don't buy that BDB is a serious contender for a finals spot.

• Like 3

I agree. I thought the corps performed well, but I don't think they had the performance maturity that all the corps above them, and to be honest, some they scored higher than in world class have in their performance.

I know a lot of people will disagree, I just don't buy that BDB is a serious contender for a finals spot.

I agree with you. I really don't see BDB grabbing a finals spot anytime soon. But then again, I'm also hoping it doesn't happen either.

• Like 2

Alrighty kiddos, here's my annual with as much detail as possible to eliminate questions kind of half prediction thingy:

I'll give it a go, in some cases I'll do a grouping as I don't think I have enough information or think I can accurately predict what will happen. Not gonna include Open Class corps for now, they’re always a big wild card.

The Contenders:

These two are giving me the powerhouse vibe. One because I think they're out for blood and taking names, and the other because they haven't given me reason to put them anywhere else. These two are interchangeable.

1st – The Cadets/Blue Devils

2nd – The Cadets/Blue Devils

1) The Cadets - "The Power of Ten"........just has that feeling when I think a show is going to be a huge success come finals. I had that feeling in 2010 with the Cavaliers early season when everyone was placing them in the 5th range or lower, got that feeling in 2011 with "Angels and Demons", and again in 2013, preseason before anyone had been scored watching "E = MC2" being rehearsed in New Mexico. They just have an intensity in how they're marketing the show, what they've given us, and just essence that this is going to be one of those Cadets corps that comes out to kick ### and take names. I dunno, I just have a feeling this is going to be absolutely killer. It's time a "Look at all the cool #### we can do show" to win again. If they can do that and have just enough substance for the GE judges to buy it, they'll bring it home.

2) Blue Devils - "Ink" is right in their wheel house. Their show description and what they're saying they're going to do with it is right in line with their winning formula they've found in recent years. You never know, but they just haven't given me reason to put them anywhere else.

The "It depends on who has a really good year and who has a slightly off year." Grouping:

3rd – Carolina Crown/Bluecoats/Cavaliers/Santa Clara Vanguard

4th - Carolina Crown/Bluecoats/Cavaliers/Santa Clara Vanguard

5th - Carolina Crown/Bluecoats/Cavaliers/Santa Clara Vanguard

6th - Carolina Crown/Bluecoats/Cavaliers/Santa Clara Vanguard

3) Carolina Crown - Whether or not this Dante's Inferno show turns out to be true (let's be honest, too much being said for it NOT to be), I think they'll take what worked in 2013, take out what didn't in 2014, and add in a little something different for them. Percussion's improving. If you listen to 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014, they're trending upwards, at least to my ear. You can't tell me this won't FINALLY be addressed after 4 seasons of it being an issue. Guard and Brass are top of the line, and when they have a show that works, it WORKS. If what I've heard they're playing is true, it's going to be what we love about Crown.......after dark. Excited to see what they're coming up with.

4) Bluecoats - I'm cautious here. I loved last year for them, it was a blast to watch. Now they have a fine line to walk, one they crossed in 2011. What do we take that worked without it being a not quite as good as the one everyone loved version. "Woods" is very nice. Should be great for them. "Dense" could be a quirky, fun tune. BUT, will they be a new version of "Hymn of Acxiom" and "Uffe's Woodshop", or will they be part of something that fits them, but is fresh? I don't have enough information here, they could very well be in the hunt for a top 2 spot, or fall back to the 6th range. I'm more hopeful than not, we'll see. I'd love for them to break their trend everyone keeps referring to, even 4th would do that, but we'll see. They've made huge strides in guard and visual last year, so they're fixing things that have plagued them in the past. Brass and Percussion are always killer. Cautiously excited.

5) Cavaliers - "Game On" seems to be highly polarizing in terms of what the show will be about and what they're going to do with it. I'm extremely excited. The little hints of "Fetes" and "On the Shoulders of Giants" they've given us and the excitement from them in terms of brass has me stoked. The Cavaliers with a killer brass section playing insane stuff? I'm hopeful, very. Percussion and guard are solid, and they've been on an upward trend in recent years for sure, last year being a HUGE step in the right direction. Let's see if they can keep this going. If they can, the Cavaliers of old might return with some new strengths.

6) Santa Clara Vanguard - Someone on another thread mentioned this being a show that'll be killer, or one that will flop. I think I agree. This is a huge turn from the last two years throwback esque shows, this one, as the title "Spark of Invention" says, could be very.....inventive. I mean, Santa Clara Vanguard playing "Pure Imagination"? That's gonna be really awesome, or not. We'll see. This show'll either push them up out of the 4th - 6th range of 2011 - 2014, or keep them there. We'll see. This is one I'm not sure of yet, could be higher, or could be right here.

The "Could be Higher, Could be Lower, but I Dunno Where the Hell to Put Em" Grouping:

7th – Blue Knights/Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders/Madison Scouts/Phantom Regiment

8th - Blue Knights/Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders/Madison Scouts/Phantom Regiment

9th - Blue Knights/Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders/Madison Scouts/Phantom Regiment

10th – Blue Knights/Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders/Madison Scouts/Phantom Regiment

11th - Blue Knights/Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders/Madison Scouts/Phantom Regiment

7) Blue Knights - Don't know a whole lot, but I think I know enough to think they'll try to work along the lines of last year’s show since it was such a huge success. Staff changes......could be interesting. If they have another show that clicks, they'll be a force to be reckoned with again, if not, there ain't much room below them, there's a whole pack of dogs down there ready to pounce at the first corps that doesn't quite fire on all cylinders.

8) Blue Stars - They've been trending upwards for 2 seasons, last years jump to 9th in a crowded field was pretty impressive. I don't know where they're going with "Side Show", but I think it has the potential to be really cool, or to be really cliche. All depends on the path they decide to take with it. Extremely solid guard, great percussion section, and the brass is improving in leaps and bounds. I think last year they proved that 2013 was not a fluke. Fantastic staff that is sticking together…….staff consistency can do amazing things.

9) Phantom Regiment – This corps is at a crossroads in my eyes. They revamped lots of names in the staff this year in addition to some that were revamped in 2014. You could argue some of their biggest assets have been replaced (Jamey Thompson and who ran the guard). They’re either going to resurrect themselves or, if they keep on the downward trend of 3rd, 6th, 7th (very close to 8th), of the past three seasons, they’ll drop. There are too many hungry groups below them for them to stay if they even barely falter. Now they could know what they’re doing and really jump up, they could very well be in the 3rd – 6th category, you never know. But I think they really need to have some staff consistency and change where it is needed. If we hear the exact same things again this year that we have the past three seasons, there needs to be some changes. “City of Light” certainly sounds like something right up Phantoms alley, could be fantastic, but so did last year. I’m cautious here.

10) Madison Scouts – Well those wanting change got it. If you’re a Scouts fan this has got to be a dream team of some names that bring back fantastic memories. We’re going to see a Scouts show this year, as we have the past few. There is no doubt about that. The fans will love it, and it’ll be pretty dang fun. The big question is will the big staff changes give them what they need to finally push them up into the top 8 again? I think they very could, “78th and Madison” sounds like a show that will play really well to them. And with some changes in their areas that needed some addressing as well, they could be in the hunt to move up. Alas, the question is always who will it be they knock out? We’ll see, should be fun.

11) Boston Crusaders – After last years………….show, it’ll be interesting to see them do something that isn’t so intense in its message. This show seems VERY tame comparatively, reminds me of their 2010 show in ways. My question is, will they tame down the difficulty? The big problem with last year isn’t that it didn’t score well because of the show itself, it all lay in the achievement scores. That show was one or two notches too high to get clean in time, and when they dropped to 10th, that was a result of that. 2015 is an Anniversary year, a big one. That can do special things for a corps, thinking about anniversary shows over the past few years, it can provide a big motivational boost. “Conquest” is right up their alley for sure. Should be a fantastic, fun, fitting Boston show. What will it offer to push them a little bit and be competitively? We shall see. Should be a breath of fresh, happy air after last year. If they can do something they can manage that still pushes them, they’ll be competitive again for sure.

The “I have an idea of which ones, but no idea which one” Grouping:

12th – Colts/Crossmen/Troopers

13th - Colts/Crossmen/Troopers

14th - Colts/Crossmen/Troopers

12) Crossmen – Last year was great for them, fantastic even. To me, they took what I thought was the big issue in 2013 (the visual program), and gave us one hell of a polished in design and performance, visual package that worked very well. Pair that with their solid brass, fantastic percussion, amazing guard, and music and a theme that tied it all together, and you have one of the most solid 12th place shows I’ve ever seen. “Above and Beyond” is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite announced show right now. A nice balance of stuff that I’d definitely associate with them, IE “Jubal Step” and “One Day I’ll Fly Away”, along with some refreshingly awesome stuff that will provide a nice balance, IE “Fly to Paradise” and “Butterfly”, and you have the makings of what can be an amazing show. The theme has many possibilities, it just all lies in the presentation. I don’t see them slowing down. Can’t wait to see this show. You never know, could move up even.

13) Troopers – “Wild Horses” sounds like a show they could do a lot with. They will be great in terms of brass and percussion. Visually, I think they need to do some work. Last year was a step in the right direction, but in comparison to Crossmen and Colts, whose strengths are definitely in the visual and guard captions, they need to step up to be competitive for a finals spot. Push it visually, and they could reap the rewards of a finalist spot.

14) Colts - I won’t lie, wasn’t the biggest fan of last year’s show for sure. That said, doesn't mean I don’t appreciate the risks they took and what paid off for them. Visually, absolutely fantastic. Great visual package, and it was performed VERY well, and the guard was fantastic. Brass was more improved over 2013 as well. Percussion……could use some work, easily the weakest out of the 12th – 19th grouping last year, at least to my ears. Scoring was right around there too. I’m hoping there’s a LITTLE less narration if they use it again, which the show theme seems like it could certainly lend itself to that. I thought Chuck’s writing around it was fantastic considering how much narration there was in the show, in the hands of other arrangers it could have come off A LOT more divisive, chunky, and segmented. So kudos to him on that. Scale back that narration a little, make sure the mics actually work, fix the drumline, and they’ll be in the hunt again, even more so.

The “Continually improving and closing the gap on the above group.” Grouping:

15th – The Academy/Oregon Crusaders/Pacific Crest/Spirit of Atlanta

16th - The Academy/Oregon Crusaders/Pacific Crest/Spirit of Atlanta

17th - The Academy/Oregon Crusaders/Pacific Crest/Spirit of Atlanta

18th - The Academy/Oregon Crusaders/Pacific Crest/Spirit of Atlanta

15) Spirit of Atlanta – Don’t know a lot from here on. “From The Ashes” has a lot of possibilities. I’m willing to give them that last year was just a really, rough transitional year. IF they have another year like last year, then I’ll start to worry. We’ll see. I’m excited to see what they do, seem like they’re out to prove something.

16) The Academy – I LOVED last year’s show, absolutely loved it. It was fun, accessible, performed well, and designed well. Up there with 2011, 2012, and 2009 as my favorite show from them. I’m very ecstatic to see they’ve kept the design team together. Very excited to see what they come up with again.

17) Oregon Crusaders – Another show I loved last year. “The Midnight Garden” sounds like a fun concept, they have some nice source music as well. They’ve made some very nice additions on the visual side of things, I’m excited to see what they do again.

18) Pacific Crest - If last year’s show was 20th, that’s just a testament to how good this grouping has become. They’re absolute solid across the board, with the right show, they could rocket up, FAST.

The “This is just probably where they’ll fall” Grouping:

19th – Cascades/Jersey Surf/Mandarins/Pioneer

20th - Cascades/Jersey Surf/Mandarins/Pioneer

21st - Cascades/Jersey Surf/Mandarins/Pioneer

22nd - Cascades/Jersey Surf/Mandarins/Pioneer

19) Cascades – Last year’s show was one of the smartest shows out there. I think this staff knows what they’re doing, the new Cascades that came out last year were VERY impressive to me. A four season’s show is a very highly done concept that could have been completely stale, instead it was intriguing, appropriate, fun, and fantastic. “Intergalactic” is in the same vein. Could be boring, but I’m intrigued and excited to see what they do. White pants in this end of the competitive range? Risky, ballsy, they have some faith for sure. Camp pictures indicate a larger corps. I’m just excited to see what they do. 2014 compared to 2013. They win most improved last year in my opinion.

20) Mandarins – They had a fantastic corps with a show that didn’t make a whole lotta sense last year. Solid brass, great percussion as always, and a competent guard. Which is a shame considering how good 2013 was. Right show = better placement, all I have to say.

21) Jersey Surf – I know they can’t do fun every year, but it’s nice to see a show that’s more along the lines of 2012, 2013, and even back in their D2 days in the early 2000s. Last year’s show was……I just didn’t think it was anything exciting, at all. It seemed like a high school show that was trying really hard to be emotional and have a deep message, as good as it was, just didn’t come across. This rep has me MUCH MUCH MUCH more excited. But hey, I guess the color palate was nice.

22) Pioneer – They’ve made some interesting changes this year, I’m excited to see how they’re implemented. The music and theme seems a little more adventurous than their previous shows, which were getting pretty stale. Excited to see what they do.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 7

ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar...I found the way in which you approached the annual Drum Corps Lottery not only highly interesting, novel, and effective, but well-reasoned and thought out as well. Thanks for the entertaining, yet thought-provoking post.

• Like 3