Staff merrigoround

James Sparling has been named Percussion Director for the Madison Scouts

http://www.madisonscouts.org/blog/?p=1250

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

James Sparling has been named Percussion Director for the Madison Scouts

http://www.madisonscouts.org/blog/?p=1250

This is great news, in my opinion. Also, not to take anything away from the work that Lee Beddis did with the Scouts over the past few years, but I'm not sure many realize just how much of the improvement was done on James' part since joining the Scouts staff in 2012, and how much of the 2014 production was arranged/taught directly by James.

Edited by tesmusic

Nah the Blue Stars' percussion situation is taken care of. I could see PR, since he marched under Kuhn at Cavies and lots of people aren't sold on PR's front ensemble writing.

I don't know anyone who isn't pretty sold on Matt Jordan at phantom. He's one of Erik Johnson's protege and thats one of the better front ensembles every year. There's a reason he and his staff have been around through several battery staff changes at Phantom.

• Like 1

Also, I could see Markworth ending up at Scouts. With Sparling taking over, and the two of them having worked together for a while, I could see Sparling wanting to bring him in.

Here's to hoping!

I don't know anyone who isn't pretty sold on Matt Jordan at phantom. He's one of Erik Johnson's protege and thats one of the better front ensembles every year. There's a reason he and his staff have been around through several battery staff changes at Phantom.

I agree. My percussion friends had nothing good to say about Regiment's show this year aside from gushing over the front ensemble.

they do play very well but the writing is kind of blah.

• Like 1

Crossmen won't have Chuck naffier next season.