Staff merrigoround

The Aungst name will bring a higher level of recruit

But Hannum couldn't? It's not like he hasn't accomplished a lot. Edited by tesmusic

But Hannum couldn't? It's not like he hasn't accomplished a lot.

Well.....Tom is more of a name known to kids today than Thom, and that's not meant as any disrespect to Mr. Hannum. Hannum, after his late 90's years with Crossmen wasn't a name really out there, whereas Aungst had Dartmouth, Cadets etc. Kids today aren't going to research the greats of the past such as Hannum, Float etc that may make a comeback. Kids today see Dartmouth, it hasn't been that long since Aungst left Cadets....the name is more relevant to kids today.

No where in the Crown press release does it say that Hannum is being replaced, but rather that Aungst and Hannum will be working together. Someone else is being replaced. Crown is going at this now with both barrels.

Aungst as a Crown parent as well brings a special contribution and perspective that is unique.

"Aungst has had a long working history with Thom Hannum and is excited to be collaborating with him again. "

http://www.carolinacrown.org/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=493&catid=88&Itemid=553

Boy...I can't believe how many excuses I am seeing in this forum for Crown's terrible percussion. For a few years now, whether it is the writers, the teachers, or design team, have really let the percussion members down. I'm hoping Mr. Augnst will bring some confidence to the percussion members and put them in contention as they deserve to be.

Yeah.........How many staff heads have you personally called for over the years with Crown? I know that I have personally have lost count.

So does this mean he's edging out Schlicher, perhaps? That'd be a shame, in my opinion. It goes back to the point I made earlier in the thread about groups just recycling the same few tried-and-tested old guys instead of going for broke with new blood (though I definitely wasn't expecting Aungst to show up again when I made that comment). Crown's now done it twice, with Hannum and now Aungst. I get that they want a little more security and stability, but still... come on.

Well...AdamBob,

Crown keeps changing the staff to find a long, consistent winning team to build their member talented percussion section. Crown, and most people, who have seen this activity evolve knows that you cannot stay consistently competitive with a 7th place percussion because how blended the GE categories are with the content and achievement of the various playing aspects of the corps.

No where in the Crown press release does it say that Hannum is being replaced, but rather that Aungst and Hannum will be working together. Someone else is being replaced. Crown is going at this now with both barrels.

Aungst as a Crown parent as well brings a special contribution and perspective that is unique.

"Aungst has had a long working history with Thom Hannum and is excited to be collaborating with him again. "

http://www.carolinacrown.org/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=493&catid=88&Itemid=553

Correct. Aungst is coming on as caption head. That means he's the guy in front of the kids. IMO that's going to be huge.

• Like 1

Well.....Tom is more of a name known to kids today than Thom, and that's not meant as any disrespect to Mr. Hannum. Hannum, after his late 90's years with Crossmen wasn't a name really out there, whereas Aungst had Dartmouth, Cadets etc. Kids today aren't going to research the greats of the past such as Hannum, Float etc that may make a comeback. Kids today see Dartmouth, it hasn't been that long since Aungst left Cadets....the name is more relevant to kids today.

Good point, but that's a shame, IMO.