MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I'll just say that I disagree. The Cavaliers have their own problems this year, but their content is higher than many.

I haven't seen Madison this week, but they have some stuff to work on and the design will improve as this team stays together ( hopefully). Phantom is performing decently, but there are some design issues. We'll see how it all shakes out in the end, but the men from Mad towne have improved from last year, but I don't think they should be in a battle for 6th just yet.

Fair enough. I personally, do not see more content in Cavies show than Madison's. Yes, I think they both have more content than Regiment, but I think the Cavaliers are executing so poorly, and content and design aren't everything. Just my opinion.

I agree henry_I, the old argument of Madison not having the talent, and not having enough content really in my opinion, does not hold up anymore. I think Madison has more content than Phantom and just as much, if not more than Cavaliers.

Lol. I love all these people saying "this corps has more CONTENT than that corps."

So funny.

Lol. I love all these people saying "this corps has more CONTENT than that corps."

So funny.

I agree with this. The content numbers we see on sheets are garbage and meaningless. People are arguing that Crown's achievement scores are at or higher than their content scores. Who cares? All numbers change every night, so it's entirely meaningless. I'm more referring to demand, and Madison is above Phantom in both musical and visual demand, and is right with the Cavaliers on both. Just my opinion though.

As I stated earlier, wherever they place in Indy, this staff has set the scouts up for a great springboard in the off season going into next year!!! I remember so many people didn't even have Madison making finals this year. And the other argument was 11th or maybe 10th if they were really, really lucky with the new staff additions. At the beginning of the year on the prediction thread I predicted top 8 for the scouts and was literally laughed off of the thread.

Fair enough. I personally, do not see more content in Cavies show than Madison's. Yes, I think they both have more content than Regiment, but I think the Cavaliers are executing so poorly, and content and design aren't everything. Just my opinion.

I agree with you about content and design not being everything, BUT that seems to be what the judges are looking for... It's all crazy.

I agree henry_I, the old argument of Madison not having the talent, and not having enough content really in my opinion, does not hold up anymore. I think Madison has more content than Phantom and just as much, if not more than Cavaliers.

I think Madison has just as much talent as anyone!

• Like 1

So funny.

Generic term for show design aspects that the judges award more points towards.

I think the assessment of show content is too subjective. Somebody help me on how do judges really assess content? Surely it should not be that you have to see a show several times to get it? I've seen corps that have not made top 12 that you would have to see their show more than once to get the complete idea of the show.

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 1