MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I agree, the Scouts have a better more apparent theme. But in Modern Drum Corps it is a weak theme.

And that's the problem with modern drum corps. I LOVE the Cadets and BK this year - but those themes aren't even themes. Cadets is way overdone. I don't give a crap about theme. I want to see great marching, great playing and be entertained. The Scouts and Regiment are doing that for me this year. As is BK and SCV. SCV's show is just so.......cool.

• Like 1

I would like a truly unbiased question to be answered for me. How can a corps that does not have all of it's members on the field, nor all of its props, still score higher than a surging corps that has a great program with a full corps on the field? And please enough of the other corps has greater content nonsense! Please give me a real rational explanation. Is it an issue of cleaning the drill, more difficult book, etc.? I am trying to stay away from the typical it's political/G7 theories. I really want to know honest opinions.

What we see and what judges see are two different things. They hear everything from the bells but we hear it with a blend or cover from other players. They take a sample of marchers while we kind of just see full picture. Another thing that was stated in cadets topic about uniform is white or bright pants show more timing issues from the box and so on. And most likely someone will read this and tell me I'm wrong.

• Like 1

No. My last name is private, but it's not Harloff. Ha~

I only asked that because I only feel there are a certain group of people that could say the Cavaliers have enormous brass problems and sound the way they do.

Also to be clear, I'm not saying that the Cavaliers are world beaters in Brass, but that I do like their sound this year.

Before anyone tries to get in an argument, I'm not here to bash on anyone. Every now and then I critique, but I try to be more positive about corps.

Before anyone tries to get in an argument, I'm not here to bash on anyone. Every now and then I critique, but I try to be more positive about corps.

I never thought that. We are having a discussion and it's fun (at least for me). We can disagree. At least you have SCV in your banner, so you have one good thing going for you :)

My corps are ones that execute (and Crossmen for my Texas ties). I tend to like shows the most where individual execution is evident, really do enjoy visual programs.

So let's look at it this way, y'all love a corps that plays their ### off musically and visuals are more of just a staging game. While I love visual execution that tells a story for the music. Now we can see why we like who we like. But like this year, the Cavaliers visual execution has lessened while brass is much better to the pros own standard. Hence all my comments.

My corps are ones that execute (and Crossmen for my Texas ties). I tend to like shows the most where individual execution is evident, really do enjoy visual programs.

So let's look at it this way, y'all love a corps that plays their ### off musically and visuals are more of just a staging game. While I love visual execution that tells a story for the music. Now we can see why we like who we like. But like this year, the Cavaliers visual execution has lessened while brass is much better to the pros own standard. Hence all my comments.

That's interesting. Then you and I would have a knock-down-drag-out over your opinions of BD, LOL. I love the visual side too. To me, the Cadets are remarkable visually this year and right up my alley. the drill is readable and demanding. They, IMO, play the hard stuff on the move, which I don't really see others do, and Crown and SCV seem to have less brass playing than others. If the Cadets are as clean as Crown and BD at finals, it will be outrageous if they don't walk away with the title this year.

My favorites though: SCV (#1), Madison, Crown and Phantom. Always love those 4.

Edited by henry_l