MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I'm calling ######## if the Scouts aren't in 7th on finals night.

Personal bias aside, watch and listen to PR and Cavies without personal favorites and there's no doubt who's the best of the three.

Not being a homer here, just using years of education and teaching experience.

I agree. I love Regiment's show musically, and Cavies show visually, but I think overall the Scouts have the stronger show and are performing better. That being said, with Regiment I think they are pretty even, so if Regiment stays ahead I won't be all conspiracy theory. But, I think they both should be beating the Cavies.

I agree. I love Regiment's show musically, and Cavies show visually, but I think overall the Scouts have the stronger show and are performing better. That being said, with Regiment I think they are pretty even, so if Regiment stays ahead I won't be all conspiracy theory. But, I think they both should be beating the Cavies.

Have you seen the Cavaliers show? They are far superior in brass than in visual. Don't let me derail the salt train though, y'all keep going.

• Like 2

Have you seen the Cavaliers show? They are far superior in brass than in visual. Don't let me derail the salt train though, y'all keep going.

Well, we all have our opinions, and I highly disagree. They have major brass issues that don't appear to be reflected on the sheets, but you keep going.

Well, we all have our opinions, and I highly disagree. They have major brass issues that don't appear to be reflected on the sheets, but you keep going.

Major?

The Cavaliers brass sounds good to you?

Ewe

I'm calling ######## if the Scouts aren't in 7th on finals night.

Personal bias aside, watch and listen to PR and Cavies without personal favorites and there's no doubt who's the best of the three.

Not being a homer here, just using years of education and teaching experience.

I don't know about that, but I am happy they're pushing for 7th versus trying to hang on to 11th or 12th.

Granted they may have a few more runs in their brass book. But, they are not executing it as well as they should. Also, the theme of their show is not as clear as Scouts at all! Phantom's show is okay, but no where near where they used to be. I guess if Blue Knights and Scouts make it back into the top 7 in the same year it wouldn't look too good for the so called elite G7.

Judging is a hugely subjective occupation. Anyone who says any result is "obvious" hasn't really looked at it close enough. There are many, many instances of this from other activities (seriously, look at the World Pipe Band Championships Recaps sometime, or even the American Brass Band Championship), but to keep it within drum corps - double percussion judges. Two people judging the same caption right next to each other rarely agree on the rank, much less the rate. And then people get mad, as if to say, "how can they not see that?" <sigh>

Mike

Granted they may have a few more runs in their brass book. But, they are not executing it as well as they should. Also, the theme of their show is not as clear as Scouts at all! Phantom's show is okay, but no where near where they used to be. I guess if Blue Knights and Scouts make it back into the top 7 in the same year it wouldn't look too good for the so called elite G7.

I agree, the Scouts have a better more apparent theme. But in Modern Drum Corps it is a weak theme.

• Like 1