Crown Percussion

Boy, flammaster. That is a little exaggerated and if I said it, there are certain users that would have my head on a silver platter.

• Like 5

Boy, flammaster. That is a little exaggerated and if I said it, there are certain users that would have my head on a silver platter.

Haha, but yes. Greatly exaggerated. They were by no means that bad. Pretty good, but not quite on that next level. (I'd enjoy their 2014 book quite a bit more if the snare heads weren't cranked so high).

Since he makes comments like that all the time and has a much longer history here, everyone knows they can't be taken seriously. Whereas your remarks, e.g. about Crown's "terrible percussion", came with less context for many, I'd guess.

• Like 1

Thank you for the response, N.E. Brigand. Here is my point about the percussion. It doesn't actually matter to me if they are an 11th place line. My whole argument revolves around consistent championship contention. If a corps wants to be in championship contention consistently, you cannot do so with a 7th place percussion line. If the goal is to stay somewhere within the top twelve, no problem. But with how integrated the GE and Music captions are now, it will be difficult to maintain champion level consistently. 7th place is not good if you want to have a shot at top 3 consistently. It great, though, if top 12 is where a corps wishes to stay.

If the goal is to stay somewhere within the top twelve, no problem. But with how integrated the GE and Music captions are now, it will be difficult to maintain champion level consistently. 7th place is not good if you want to have a shot at top 3 consistently. It great, though, if top 12 is where a corps wishes to stay.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the irony is in 2013 when they won gold with a 6th place percussion section, they still won Music Analysis and swept GE Music.

maybe drums ain't music????

yuk, yuk

Sorry, about that but you left that barn door so wide open that we could have driven the equipment truck 18 wheelers through it with room to spare.

(Yes, I know it took DCI quite a while to weave percussion and brass into one musical consideration.)

Edited by xandandl

maybe drums ain't music????

yuk, yuk

Sorry, about that but you left that barn door so wide open that we could have driven the equipment truck 18 wheelers through it with room to spare.

(Yes, I know it took DCI quite a while to weave percussion and brass into one musical consideration.)

Find your own foxhole, xanda. This one's taken. LOL.

• Like 1