Cadets 2015

Well yeah, I meant in the Modern age.

Boy - does that statement make me feel olllllllllld :ohmy:

Partially correct.

The patch was on the jacket until the mid-eighties and returned to the uniform in '09 for the 75th. It has been worn as such since.

The reason it was removed in the '80's was 3 fold: a) cost production savings; b) when corps members were facing different directions but looking toward the front sidelines, which was right or left shoulder wasn't an issue; and c) initial moves toward a new umbrella organization and marching band co-op were beginning to formulate; YEA was the later result.

The C2 patch is not the same one as what C1 wears but looks similar from a distance.

We had them when I marched in the 80s. Didn't realize they ever left.

Mr.Stannard,

Depended on the year...............................and what was found left over from Aunt Nell's secret stash. :-p

Actually Rob, you bring up a good point.

My memory isn't what it used to be on some areas but I imagine the move to Hackensack and then Paramus for the front office before the exile to Allentown would have made Cadets of Bergen County a bit cumbersome on the outer circle of the patch and seems to correspond to the time frame that I remember the patch took a two decade vacation.

I'd ask alums from that era but they are ducking communication during this Maroon & Gold push plus knowing I would probably hit them up for an additional sponsorship or two to help out some MMs still needing financial assistance; a fine example has already been given on this thread previously.

Edited by xandandl

We had them when I marched in the 80s. Didn't realize they ever left.

Wait, you marched Cadets?!?!?!!

How is that defined?

Before the pants' stripes were stolen and after the pants' stripes were stolen???

2000 AND FORWARD!!!!

Today's photo teaser from Ada in Ohio...

I didn't realize they were training at Ohio Northern. A former co-worker of mine who graduated from that school was for a few years a member of General Putnam's Men, a corps from that area. There are quite a few competition marching bands in the tiny towns which dot the farm country of northwest Ohio; I saw many of them at a contest last fall in Columbus Grove, about ten miles northwest of Ada. And about ten miles west-southest of Ada is Lima, where the TV show Glee was set.

I didn't realize they were training at Ohio Northern. A former co-worker of mine who graduated from that school was for a few years a member of General Putnam's Men, a corps from that area. There are quite a few competition marching bands in the tiny towns which dot the farm country of northwest Ohio; I saw many of them at a contest last fall in Columbus Grove, about ten miles northwest of Ada. And about ten miles west-southest of Ada is Lima, where the TV show Glee was set.

Where the heck have you been??