Cadets 2015

2001 Cadets was a cool show.

Help me out. Who won brass in 2001? Surely not Cavaliers, right? BD maybe?

Surprising thing about 2001 was that Cadets didn't even take 2nd in brass. SCV did.

For winds/percussion we use the phrase "simultaneous responsibility".

For guard, they have something similar called "the triad". The triad encompasses your formal responsibility, your equipment responsibility, and your movement responsibility.

When one part of that triad is not as exposed or developed, even when all three are present simultaneously or sequentially they shouldn't be rewarded as much as others who use those components better.

This is one of the reoccurring criticisms of the BD guard.

In terms of Visual Analysis, I think your point is valid. In terms of the guard sheet, which is influenced a lot by WGI, you better use the triad and all three components of that triad better be legit, or you're going to be looked down upon by the guardies.

Ohhhh that makes perfect sense now. Thanks for the education.

I would have been in that line had I not gave up my last two years of drum corps for the Navy. :unhappy:

Nothing wrong with going out a champion.

• Like 2

Surprising thing about 2001 was that Cadets didn't even take 2nd in brass. SCV did.

Yeah, Cadets got dumped finals night, yet still managed to tie BD for 2nd place overall. They won high percussion. But I thought they should have won brass, too. Oh well, the judge might have been right. There might have been some issues on finals night.

Yeah, Cadets got dumped finals night, yet still managed to tie BD for 2nd place overall. They won high percussion. But I thought they should have won brass, too. Oh well, the judge might have been right. There might have been some issues on finals night.

BD's brass was on fire finals night. I think they deserved to win brass in my opinion. But that Cadets brass was amazing!! Figured they would be 2nd. If someone can explain why SCV past them up, i would appreciate it. I have watched all those shows dozens of times. Cadets should have had 2nd in brass.

I'm curious about what you guys thought about Cadets 2000 guard.

I'm in the camp that considers the 2000 guard to be pretty forgettable -- much more interesting to watch the horns/drummers.

• Like 1

I'm in the camp that considers the 2000 guard to be pretty forgettable -- much more interesting to watch the horns/drummers.

This makes me sad.