Cadets 2015

I doubt they judge the uniform itself, but it certainly does factor into the visual GE of a program I would think. I agree that the current uniforms get lost on the field. Something that stands out more could either help their clarity (or highlight their weaknesses).

That's why I think they're probably just going to leave well enough alone and clean with what they have.

Yes..as i said..but so did you..lol..if it factors into the GE sheet that means it's judged...lol..everything is judged

Do judges actually judge guard uniforms? This is a serious question because I do not know.

After they changed their guard uniforms in 2010 the guard scores went up (the Toy Soldier show).

The original uniforms were just like the corps. The new uniforms were those bright purple tops with burgundy pants.

With the change the guard suddenly stood out from the corps and it reflected in the scores.

• Like 3

I doubt they judge the uniform itself, but it certainly does factor into the visual GE of a program I would think. I agree that the current uniforms get lost on the field. Something that stands out more could either help their clarity (or highlight their weaknesses).

That's why I think they're probably just going to leave well enough alone and clean with what they have.

I think the guard blends in way too much with the corps. Maybe neon will make them stand out more.
  • Like 1

Yes..as i said..but so did you..lol..if it factors into the GE sheet that means it's judged...lol..everything is judged

I was replying as your post came in. :)

• Like 1

If they make a uniform change for the guard, when do you think it will happen (Atlanta, Allentown, Finals)?

Based on past years, between Atlanta and Allentown. But I could see them being in for Atlanta if it is going to happen at all....

Prior to tonight in Houston, I believe the Cadets have performed in 17 shows and the BD 13. Starting tonight, they have 12 and 11 left before Indy. There's been threads before about how the BD usually have fewer shows for various reasons, but with the CAD, besides helping the bank account, has the extra shows than most top corps helped them get ahead, or would extra practice time/rest be more beneficial?

Prior to tonight in Houston, I believe the Cadets have performed in 17 shows and the BD 13. Starting tonight, they have 12 and 11 left before Indy. There's been threads before about how the BD usually have fewer shows for various reasons, but with the CAD, besides helping the bank account, has the extra shows than most top corps helped them get ahead, or would extra practice time/rest be more beneficial?

IMO corps work very differently. A performance will usually be a big advantage then not performing ( feedback and readings are important ) BUT also everyone needs time to work on what they need to. there are many factors including maturity of a corps. i think each corps needs to find their own formula.