Cadets 2015

You are entitled to your opinion as are we all. Problem I have is he does this in most forums looking for a reaction.. Then gets very nasty with people. People get out of a show whatever they get out of it. How many times have people loved a show only to find out they love it for none of the reasons the designers hoped for. Cadets is not about 10 it's about the color spectrum hence the changing neon colors as Hopkins explained many times, Channel seems to think he designed the show and we all don't get it. lol. But it makes no difference. His sole purpose is to agitate people in forums for whatever reason. If you have read other forums I am sure you have seen him. Just the corps names change. Cadets usually have a theme every year.Just some people like to not like them most of the time.

Now we know the Cadets show is about changing neon colors and the color spectrum. So the thematic argument in in this show as it relates to Shostakovich's tenth symphony is...

I do think that the Cadets need a little more meaning in this year's show, but not EVERY show needs to have a great and profiund meaning. I just want a reason for them to be shouting "Ten" at me. A little context goes a long way.

Cadets is not about 10 it's about the color spectrum hence the changing neon colors as Hopkins explained many times,

Actually no, he did explain it the other day, but that wasn't it. He said "10" is about the pursuit of excellence, which is represented by a "perfect 10." Perfection can't actually be realized, so it is all about striving for that every day, to get as close as you can to it. This is one of these "life lessons" that he is so big on teaching at the Cadets, so it makes the show not dissimilar from This I Believe and The Pursuit of Happiness as another "this is what we do at the Cadets" sort of thing.

I wouldn't have picked that up at all from the show, but that is apparently some of the thought process behind it. They are all about the neon because it is the 10th element on the periodic table, and the current red/yellow colors came from the fall foliage of October - the 10th month (did anyone get that?)

• Like 1

I didn't say anything about "revolution." The Russian Revolution was in 1905. We're talking about a different era. The end of the Stalin era in 1953.

• "I did depict Stalin in my next symphony, the Tenth. I wrote it right after Stalin's death and no one has yet guessed what the symphony is about. It's about Stalin and the Stalin years. The second part, the scherzo, is a musical portrait of Stalin, roughly speaking. Of course, there are many other things in it, but that's the basis.[2]" --Shostakovich
The end of an old guard and the beginning of a new guard, in style, in fashion, in modes of thinking at the time. Not guns and butter like Les Mis.

I hope you're not involved in the production in any way! LOLz. :cool:

I'm not lol. Be nice to me... Edited by Tobias

Now we know the Cadets show is about changing neon colors and the color spectrum. So the thematic argument in in this show as it relates to Shostakovich's tenth symphony is...

NOW? We've known since February they were using neon colors since Neon the 10th element and the fall colors since Oct is the 10th month.

Oh my God! Someone bold enough to agree with me! Who are you?! Are you a sociopath? I've been all alone on this island here for years! Hi! Nice to meet you! Have you read The Emperor's New Clothes? Can I buy you a drink? Can I friend you on Facebook? Good to know ya! Do you have a college degree? Have you researched Dante's Inferno? Do you know the difference between the Russian Revolution in 1905 and the end of the Stalin era in 1953? Do you know a tune by The Books called Mr. Maps which the Bluecoats use in their show?

Here's a theme comparison of this year's shows. Note a clear line of separation.

Blue Devils - the storybook characters from our childhood can still teach us how to listen.

Crown-Dante escaped the depths of hell through a belief in joy and love.

SCV-inventors succeed because of their childlike imaginations

Cavaliers- sportsmen fiercely challenge each other to transcend their own limitations

Bloo-energy moves things in wave-like patterns. (Faint odor.)

Cadets-The number 10. (Faint odor.)

It's not too late for these bottom two corps to add a soupçon of meaning to bolster their thematic arguments. All Bluecoats needed in 2014 was a quote from one of the composers about being intentionally "off kilter" in their compositions and they would have won. (The quote didn't even have to be in the show itself.) I'm just down the street if you ever need to borrow a cup of sugar! Take care!

Last time I will say anything about this.. Channel..no one cares about what you think. The reason appears to be your approach. As you do in many other forums your aim is to anger, insult, and annoy as many people as you can. Your private island you have been on is your own doing. There are forums that will teach you how to interact with society. How to not get nasty simply because someone has a different opinion that you. I know people will say that I have been "Trolled".and I admit right now I have been. I will not respond to anything you say, and I hope others will do the same until you respect the people here and stop looking down on them as if they were not worthy. You sir are not a very nice person and I hope you enjoy the solitary life on the island you have built for yourself. Your have no one to blame but yourself.. Cheers !

Last time I will say anything about this.. Channel..no one cares about what you think. The reason appears to be your approach. As you do in many other forums your aim is to anger, insult, and annoy as many people as you can. Your private island you have been on is your own doing. There are forums that will teach you how to interact with society. How to not get nasty simply because someone has a different opinion that you. I know people will say that I have been "Trolled".and I admit right now I have been. I will not respond to anything you say, and I hope others will do the same until you respect the people here and stop looking down on them as if they were not worthy. You sir are not a very nice person and I hope you enjoy the solitary life on the island you have built for yourself. Your have no one to blame but yourself.. Cheers !

Kill 'em with kindness, don't stoop to their level.

The Power of Tr01l = l10rT fo rewoP ehT

Edited by sched88
  • Like 1

Actually no, he did explain it the other day, but that wasn't it. He said "10" is about the pursuit of excellence, which is represented by a "perfect 10." Perfection can't actually be realized, so it is all about striving for that every day, to get as close as you can to it. This is one of these "life lessons" that he is so big on teaching at the Cadets, so it makes the show not dissimilar from This I Believe and The Pursuit of Happiness as another "this is what we do at the Cadets" sort of thing.

I wouldn't have picked that up at all from the show, but that is apparently some of the thought process behind it. They are all about the neon because it is the 10th element on the periodic table, and the current red/yellow colors came from the fall foliage of October - the 10th month (did anyone get that?)

Thanks..I knew all that..I allowed my anger to cloud my judgement..I am over myself now. :wall:

• Like 1