Cadets 2015

I didn't get to actually see Cadets' run last night but I heard it was rough (and their score reflects that). As much as I want BD to win it this year, what this corps is doing in terms of performance is incredible and I want to see them constantly swapping with BD and Crown and doing well. Good luck today Cadets!

• Like 5

I didn't get to actually see Cadets' run last night but I heard it was rough (and their score reflects that). As much as I want BD to win it this year, what this corps is doing in terms of performance is incredible and I want to see them constantly swapping with BD and Crown and doing well. Good luck today Cadets!

Totally agree!! Of course i want #17 going back to Concord. But if it's not to be.......than go get #11 Cadets!!! A lot of people are fans of the underdogs. I am all about the Titans......the big boys who run the yard. No one does it better consistently than BD and Cadets historically. Have a great show tonight Cadets!!

• Like 3

It's unfortunate that this is what the activity has evolved into; with little hope for those outside the top 7, the top five nowadays, to win the title.

That wasn't the case 30 years ago? BD SCV BD Cadets Cadets Cadets BD Cadets Madison SCV...

• Like 2

That wasn't the case 30 years ago? BD SCV BD Cadets Cadets Cadets BD Cadets Madison SCV...

exactly - there's always been a top six with a real shot of winning Gold and then a group of "others"

Madison has effectively exited the top group - replaced by Star/Crown

Regiment seems to be exiting the group recently - replaced by Bluecoats

We'll only know if these recent trends continue a few years from now

SCV seems to have locked into a trend of 4/5/6 placements, along with Cavaliers the past few years

Bluecoats are trying to turn the recent "top 3" of Crown/BD/Cadets into a viable top 4 - we'll see how that works out over the next 14 days

Cadets/BD remain the most consistent - so the "top 2" is in tact, just Cadets jump in and out of the top 2 certain years

exactly - there's always been a top six with a real shot of winning Gold and then a group of "others"

Madison has effectively exited the top group - replaced by Star/Crown

Regiment seems to be exiting the group recently - replaced by Bluecoats

We'll only know if these recent trends continue a few years from now

SCV seems to have locked into a trend of 4/5/6 placements, along with Cavaliers the past few years

Bluecoats are trying to turn the recent "top 3" of Crown/BD/Cadets into a viable top 4 - we'll see how that works out over the next 14 days

Cadets/BD remain the most consistent - so the "top 2" is in tact, just Cadets jump in and out of the top 2 certain years

Cadets seem to be more of a top 3 than top 2 corps. They jump around in the standings year to year from winning to 5th and then 3rd and so on. The only consistent corps in the past decade seems to be BD.

• Like 1

Cadets seem to be more of a top 3 than top 2 corps. They jump around in the standings year to year from winning to 5th and then 3rd and so on. The only consistent corps in the past decade seems to be BD.

sorry that wasn't more clear - BD consistently top 2 - Cadets jump in and out it.

I believe with their improvement in percussion (long term) Crown will really establish the top 3 as a top 3 - but they were out last year and this year I still see them finishing 4th or so...

Crown seems to see themselves a little differently than I see them. They have won 1 time - in a longer view - we'll have to see how the next ten years or so play out. Do they have staying power?

Cavaliers were clearly top 3 until Gaines left.

sorry that wasn't more clear - BD consistently top 2 - Cadets jump in and out it.

I believe with their improvement in percussion (long term) Crown will really establish the top 3 as a top 3 - but they were out last year and this year I still see them finishing 4th or so...

Crown seems to see themselves a little differently than I see them. They have won 1 time - in a longer view - we'll have to see how the next ten years or so play out. Do they have staying power?

Crown's brass has certainly shown they have staying power - no joke there. Percussion has been their Achilles heel. I like seeing Crown up there. We need more good consistent competition for BD. They've had several undefeated seasons and because of that the competitive aspect gets kind of stale. Even if BD ends up winning again, at least there was competition for them.

DCI needs Bluecoats to stay up there. I'm obviously a BD homer, but the activity needed real contenders year in and year out beside BD and Cadets. It was huge for DCI that Crown emerged, won, and now shows no signs of falling back. If Coats can keep it up it's better for everyone.

• Like 1

I took a crap this morning. This represents my struggle to keep my head above water in this thing we call life. Sometimes it's a silent struggle but sometimes, like an astronaut, I let out a rousing cheer as I reach splashdown. As all my hard work gets flushed, I know the struggle is never over.

I'm having beans tonight.

This is your best work.