Cadets 2015

One can say what they want about show design choices, narration, uniform changes, props HOP,lol there is no denying quality, that's for sure.

Opinions vs. facts. I agree..
  • Like 1

some mix the 2 up..thats for sure....lol

True but you've always been pretty fair with your posts. I unfortunately become a homer..

How is that unfortunate? :rock:

It's not but I'm pretty diplomatic in real life but when people bash my Cadets, I get homerish. Is that a word?

I get it in some seasons when Cadets are doing shows on cancer, jingle bells, narration BUT THIS SHOW is fierce!

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

some mix the 2 up..thats for sure....lol

9+1 = 10 > 10=10

In terms of adding much needed relevance to the actual meaning of Shostakovich's music, and in terms of making emotional impact. (See my earlier post for a tad more explanation.)

I want to see a STORY or at least the hints at a narrative arc in this show, not just a numbers game. All the numbers remind me too much of bingo, actually. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it.

If Phantom's Spartacus didn't tell the story of Spartacus, and instead, was built upon the number 184 (the length in minutes of the film), fans might feel like something essential was missing. I have nothing against 184 or 10. I'm not a letter lover and number hater.

But - I do want to see beauty more than cleverness or pandering to score sheets.

Look - this corps has the talent and the book to be a show for the ages. What I've seen from the MM's is nothing short of stunning. They seem to be doing the impossible out there on the field.

The show design needs something more, though, to push it over the top.

Let's trust Shostakovich. Let's convey HIS meaning too, not just only grafting or imposing our own "meaning" of "10" onto what is some of the most emotional, fierce, tragic, terrifying, and ultimately triumphant music ever written.

The real number 10 is only to be found below, and can release the story of the composer and the meaning of his music from the Gulag of the merely arbitrary:

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

(see, even I can use tens everywhere. count 'em up design team.)

9+1 = 10 > 10=10

In terms of adding much needed relevance to the actual meaning of Shostakovich's music, and in terms of making emotional impact. (See my earlier post for a tad more explanation.)

I want to see a STORY or at least the hints at a narrative arc in this show, not just a numbers game. All the numbers remind me too much of bingo, actually. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it.

If Phantom's Spartacus didn't tell the story of Spartacus, and instead, was built upon the number 184 (the length in minutes of the film), fans might feel like something essential was missing. I have nothing against 184 or 10. I'm not a letter lover and number hater.

But - I do want to see beauty more than cleverness or pandering to score sheets.

Look - this corps has the talent and the book to be a show for the ages. What I've seen from the MM's is nothing short of stunning. They seem to be doing the impossible out there on the field.

The show design needs something more, though, to push it over the top.

Let's trust Shostakovich. Let's convey HIS meaning too, not just only grafting or imposing our own "meaning" of "10" onto what is some of the most emotional, fierce, tragic, terrifying, and ultimately triumphant music ever written.

The real number 10 is only to be found below, and can release the story of the composer and the meaning of his music from the Gulag of the merely arbitrary:

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

FREE DMITRI !!!!!!!!!!

(see, even I can use tens everywhere. count 'em up design team.)

Are you Brutus reborn?

Question for you: what did you think of Bluecoats' Tilt last year?

Because logic loses :)

Because Cappybara.

It's not but I'm pretty diplomatic in real life but when people bash my Cadets, I get homerish. Is that a word?

I get it in some seasons when Cadets are doing shows on cancer, jingle bells, narration BUT THIS SHOW is fierce!

Which is why I'm normally pretty passionate about this year. Other years, Cadets are getting dragged through the mud because of the emboldened.