Cadets 2015

Hopefully 2015 will have the same appeal to fans, judges, and corps members.

I'm feeling a 2013ish show. I think everyone "appreciated" the meat of that show. If they didn't have the towers to complain about, it would have been an extremely well received show even on DCP.

I'm feeling a 2013ish show. I think everyone "appreciated" the meat of that show. If they didn't have the towers to complain about, it would have been an extremely well received show even on DCP.

That's the vibe I'm getting myself, definitely getting a lot of the vibe I did from what I loved about 2013, regardless of not seeing anything thus far. I think as a theme this year will be easier and more effective to portray. And the music already speaks for itself. I think this is gonna be a play and march their arse's off show, which can get most people off their feet.

That's the vibe I'm getting myself, definitely getting a lot of the vibe I did from what I loved about 2013, regardless of not seeing anything thus far. I think as a theme this year will be easier and more effective to portray. And the music already speaks for itself. I think this is gonna be a play and march their arse's off show, which can get most people off their feet.

Agreed. Hope they don't over design. The demand will border on crazy and ridiculously hard. Not sure all that demand gets credit anymore from what wins now but we'll see.

Sorry. I disagree. 2013 was not the type of show that was up to Cadets' standards in my opinion. Way too "safe". I think this year's show has the potential to be relatively tougher than what we have seen from them in the past few years.

• Like 1

Sorry. I disagree. 2013 was not the type of show that was up to Cadets' standards in my opinion. Way too "safe". I think this year's show has the potential to be relatively tougher than what we have seen from them in the past few years.

I'd hardly call what they did "safe", are we talking in the design department or the marching/playing difficulty department? Thematically, maybe I can agree with you. Those towers were a huge risk, the horn book was pretty consistently challenging, and that drum book was absolutely killer. Drill has some "VERY" nice moments, In my opinion. I'm not saying that 2015 is gonna be 2013. I just think that theme is dialed back a bit so that they can deliver what they do best, marching and playing the #### out of a very difficult show. Just drawing some similarities into what the actual approach to the show seems to be, not the show itself, in my personal eye, that's all. If I can get the kind of experience like I did in San Antonio in 2013 getting my hair parted with that first hit, breath taken away by that ballad, and awe struck at that last push right before the end of the show, sign me up. That was pretty freakin fantastic. One of my favorite shows I've seen live.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I'd hardly call what they did "safe", are we talking in the design department or the marching/playing difficulty department? Thematically, maybe I can agree with you. Those towers were a huge risk, the horn book was pretty consistently challenging, and that drum book was absolutely killer. Drill has some "VERY" nice moments, In my opinion. I'm not saying that 2015 is gonna be 2013. I just think that theme is dialed back a bit so that they can deliver what they do best, marching and playing the #### out of a very difficult show. Just drawing some similarities into what the approach to the show seems to be, in my personal eye, that's all. If I can get the kind of experience like I did in San Antonio in 2013 getting my hair parted with that first hit, breath taken away by that ballad, and awe struck at that last push right before the end of the show, sign me up. That was pretty freakin fantastic. One of my favorite shows I've seen live.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a relatively great show, but I think what I am doing is comparing that show to what I was used to marching and seeing back in the late 90s/early 2000s. I just didn't think the music or drill was tough enough for them.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a relatively great show, but I think what I am doing is comparing that show to what I was used to marching and seeing back in the late 90s/early 2000s. I just didn't think the music or drill was tough enough for them.

Very true, and of course you have a lot more room to talk in that sense than I do. Pretty much anything compared to what they were doing in the late 90s/early 2000s could be deemed "easy". Some craaaaaazy shows. I sense that this year can/will deliver in that aspect for us. The signs are pointing to yes thus far. I'm excited.

Edited by DrumManTx

I think the 2013 hornline ranks in the top 5 for Cadets, maybe higher. I think it's the best since at least 2000 for them, maybe since the 80s.

Sorry. I disagree. 2013 was not the type of show that was up to Cadets' standards in my opinion. Way too "safe".

I didn't think it was safe. It was outside of their normal box. I think it didn't achieve a higher rank because of the challenges of the towers. I also thought their guard that year was very talented but had a few issues which may have been a result of the towers.

The wall of "anguish" portrayed in the hornline was incredible - absolutely incredible.