Regiment '15

Actually, '79 is THE definitive classic.

While everyone is busy hating on Phantom, I thought I'd share this video that I just discovered on Youtube. These are warm ups from right before Semis last August. If anyone has listened to their 2014 concert in the park, you'll hear what a MASSIVE improvement they made in their hornline through the season. Anyone who thinks Phantom sounds tentative now will just need to wait it out and watch their sound grow stronger as the season goes by.

• Like 5

While everyone is busy hating on Phantom, I thought I'd share this video that I just discovered on Youtube. These are warm ups from right before Semis last August. If anyone has listened to their 2014 concert in the park, you'll hear what a MASSIVE improvement they made in their hornline through the season. Anyone who thinks Phantom sounds tentative now will just need to wait it out and watch their sound grow stronger as the season goes by.

Thanks. Beautiful.

I think there's something to be said for the fact that clips that are put out there of PR are most often big powerful ballad moments. Other corps get a lot of clips of them warming up playing the technical parts of the show and that's cool and yea, sure, regiment may not have too awful many of those, but they've still managed to do what regiment does best. Personally I think this is the best show they've put out in the last couple years (and I marched in the last couple years). Regardless of placement, Regiment is still Regiment. My experience performing with PR was everything I had hoped for and more even though we placed "poorly". I think that is what's important. Unless you're a vet who's been there a really long time, you don't know what the administration is doing or why and frankly you don't care. It's about making the most of your experience. I trusted that the staff working to give me a good experience and I was not disappointed.

• Like 8

I think there's something to be said for the fact that clips that are put out there of PR are most often big powerful ballad moments. Other corps get a lot of clips of them warming up playing the technical parts of the show and that's cool and yea, sure, regiment may not have too awful many of those, but they've still managed to do what regiment does best. Personally I think this is the best show they've put out in the last couple years (and I marched in the last couple years). Regardless of placement, Regiment is still Regiment. My experience performing with PR was everything I had hoped for and more even though we placed "poorly". I think that is what's important. Unless you're a vet who's been there a really long time, you don't know what the administration is doing or why and frankly you don't care. It's about making the most of your experience. I trusted that the staff working to give me a good experience and I was not disappointed.

It's seems that your positive attitude and perception were self-fulfilling. Thanks for the efforts and work to bring some greatly enjoyable moments to so many of us.

• Like 1

Isn't this what it's all about???? Taking what you're given and doing your best with it? Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

Lots of vitriol towards Regiment lately. Now to the point that people are saying they aren't deserving the scores they are getting. I guess Phantom Regiment has turned into the next BD. Keep on hating.

Lots of vitriol towards Regiment lately. Now to the point that people are saying they aren't deserving the scores they are getting. I guess Phantom Regiment has turned into the next BD. Keep on hating.

There's a difference between the distaste for The Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment. The Blue Devils are really, really good at what they do; however, a lot of folks would like to see another corps winning it all, once and a while. I'm not really a fan of The Blue Devils; but I fully understand that they have a proven formula that works. Hell, they have been consistently good at beating Hopkins at his own ideas.

The bashing on Regiment is because they aren't as good as all the "phans" wearing chevron shaped goggles think they are. Because they are "The Phantom Regiment" they are getting the scores they are, which is keeping them in or near the top 7. If I had to rank them, currently, they would be sitting in tenth; that's being generous.