2015 schedule coming today

Galen

This will now be followed by umpteen emails by Craiga, Ghost, Emc2 and crew defending Boston's new terminology, absences, and switcheroos. No need. All is good. It's going to be a great drum corps season where ever the contest is, if we long time fans can even afford to go.

Of the three posters you referenced X, I'm the one who usually gets his wrist slapped for not defending the corps enough. I've mentioned to others, but not here on DCP, that this could be the Crusaders last major anniversary. I'm guessing if D&BC and the BAC are still around in 2040, those who bleed red and black will be down to a handful, so next year might be the only time to really celebrate an anniversary. It seems to me that those working on next year's activities have brought their "A" game to the table. We all should be anxious to see what else is planned.

• Like 1

Might be the west region, barely, but they're both on the east side of the Continental Divide...and over 1000 miles from the west COAST.

I understand. I used to live in San Diego; I'm familiar with the 'coast perception that the Rockies are "back east." But, as anyone who lives in the Mountain Time Zone knows, and with apoligies to Omaha, there is a whole lotta nothin' between the mountains and the Midwest. Getting out to Wyoming from Ohio is a major haul, no matter how you cut it.

. . . come to think of it, The Bluecoats' trek out to Casper has a historical connection: It was a cavalry unit from Ohio -- the 11th -- that was assigned to a frontier post on the Platte River. They wore coats of blue, too.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Blue Devils have a few early season shows in California. Then they go east for the rest of the season... There's not gonna be much out west this year...

Well so much for the plan of Crown heading out west again next year. I wonder if the trip to Japan nixed that plan?

Also, no Jackson, NJ show, no Chambersburg, PA show and some interesting switches.

Leading into Allentown can be a fan's delight.

West Chester, PA usual show is now a YEA show at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland instead of Hopkins' Alma Mater.

The next night they have a all DCI show in Chester, PA's wonderful soccer stadium (Chester is about an hour from West Chester given Philly rush hour traffic and directions.)

But the line-up that was split between DCI and DCA at last year's Chester show will now be the Beanpot Invite in Lynn's Manning Bowl on July Fourth but without the Boston Crusaders.

And Boston's show of the last few years, the Connecticut Drums at New Haven, CT will still bear that name but on July 19th, be an Open Class show, and be hosted by the 7th Regiment.

Confused???? Answer: Because we ALWAYS did it that way no longer applies. please study the schedule carefully. Do not let young turk bandos nor old time dinosaurs presume anything.

This will now be followed by umpteen emails by Craiga, Ghost, Emc2 and crew defending Boston's new terminology, absences, and switcheroos. No need. All is good. It's going to be a great drum corps season where ever the contest is, if we long time fans can even afford to go.

as per usual, I won't see anything until DCI East. Allentown on a week night is a no go

I am curious if anyone knows whether a Corps, when planning their schedule, knows who they will be competing against? Do they make their schedule with that knowledge? or is it not known what other Corps will be there? Just interested if anyone can add some insight into that? I ask because when i look at some of the line ups i wonder why a corps chose that competition over another one. Thanks

. . . come to think of it, The Bluecoats' trek out to Casper has a historical connection: It was a cavalry unit from Ohio -- the 11th -- that was assigned to a frontier post on the Platte River. They wore coats of blue, too.

Wow that's a wonderfully obscure reference!

(I mean that as a compliment)

I am curious if anyone knows whether a Corps, when planning their schedule, knows who they will be competing against? Do they make their schedule with that knowledge? or is it not known what other Corps will be there? Just interested if anyone can add some insight into that? I ask because when i look at some of the line ups i wonder why a corps chose that competition over another one. Thanks

And I'm wondering just how much input the Directors have in the final schedule -- other than "I think we'd like to start out West"? I may have the mistaken perception that DCI handles most of the scheduling, but I could be totally wrong.

Anyone "in the know" want to chime in to my and Jast45's questions?

• Like 1