Cavaliers 2015

Anstig, are you ready for this?

I like Cavies' show more than Crown's at the moment. *mind blown*

• Like 4

Anstig, are you ready for this?

I like Cavies' show more than Crown's at the moment. *mind blown*

:spitting: Agreed.. They still have lots of work to do, but its got a bunch of potential. Get the bodies used to playing in uniforms and get some more impact going throughout and it could be a surprise show!

I don't care for the singing in Run Boy Run. Not good enough.

• Like 2

oh wow. that was... something.

Overall thoughts:

I LOVE what I saw tonight. I was expecting good, but I wasn't expecting to enjoy the show that much. Their music book is fantastic, it has some legs. They're really solid in the front half, and back half will get there. No huge problems that some reps and cleaning won't fix. The "Run Boy Run" section is overall great, absolutely love the end of if. The ONLY thing in this show I'm not sold on completely is the singing part, not terrible though. Drill is great, some really interesting things in there, especially in the ballad, which is beautiful. That company front when it gets clean is going to be goosebumps city. The closer. is. awesome. Glorious. Looks like they still have the end of it to learn, up to where they learned is a great indication. Their consistent and effective use of those little boxes throughout the show is how you do it. They never just sit there and do nothing. They're used ALL the time! Brass is sounding better than the last 3 years at this time that's for sure. Later half of the show is a little greener, but nothing they can't fix. Percussion is great! Pit amazing as always and the drums are no slouch. Guard looks like it's going to be amazing, LOVE their work. Their presence is evident through this video.

The corps above them are amazing, but this show has legs. They're improving at a fast pace ever year. Watch out for them, this show could be dangerous later in the season IMO. I think this might be my favorite show I've seen so far this year.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Well, he does sound a lot like the original vocals, it just needs to have the right intensity and quality to really work. I'm hopeful they can sell this once they get it shored up with electronics and the right balance. This is always the risk with electronic type pieces in today's drum corps.

I really enjoy the show so far. Some cleaning and conditioning of the brass line will get this thing rolling.

I think the booth commentators for DCI at theaters might actually have something positive to say about the corps this year.

Some people (I'll be it jealous haters) look at the 2000's Cavaliers shows with disdain, but if you go back and see the very high quality of execution, it is pretty amazing to watch. I am not a big big fan of the Blue Devils- but I got lost in their 2014 show as appearing to be more of a theater production than a drum corps show. There was a brilliance to it.

Edited by Forevergreen

But wow. That opener! WOW!!

• Like 1