Carolina Crown 2015

I agree on the Phantom feel to the show. I immediately thought of Phantom's 96 show when hearing Crown's first warm up teaser.

Sorry the broadcast turned off during the run. My phone died, and only now did I get home to charge it. Sorry for that guys!

Sorry the broadcast turned off during the run. My phone died, and only now did I get home to charge it. Sorry for that guys!

No worries, thanks for everything you were able to broadcast!

That probably won't be the last time we hear that. Lol. Ah, technology!

Next time I'll have enough sense to take a brick with me to charge my phone, lol.

• Like 1

So, we were at the rehearsal last night and heard a few things coming from the box, since they were right above us.

There is talk of two things:

1.) More banners for the guard to use, and more visual effect and GE, of course. Interested in what they're planning with those.

2.) They mentioned something about an "earthquake box" for some reason this intrigued me. They were working on the sets in between the ballad and Dies Irae: Gates of Hell I assume. They said something of that variety. So, it seems, not only is their closer to be edited, and improved. They're also planning more visual and ge aspects for the guard to use while the corps is playing.

Few things from last night:

-They cleaned up their closer musically A LOT! That was so messy on Wednesday.

-They took out overpowering trumpets in the opener (before the big hit).

-New guard work. The new choreography is fantastic. The best of it came in the Copland/GoH stuff.

-MUCH improved tone quality and intonation from the brass in the ballad.

-Speaking of the ballad, the soloist is now doing something different. He is interacting with the guard soloist.

-The fabric is fixed. No more tangles.

-Overall much, much cleaner.

This is all I really remember. Hopefully we'll continue to see some improvements in the show. We'll see how Akron goes tonight. I sadly, won't make it.

• Like 1

So, we were at the rehearsal last night and heard a few things coming from the box, since they were right above us.

1.) More banners for the guard to use, and more visual effect and GE, of course. Interested in what they're planning with those.

2.) They mentioned something about an "earthquake box" for some reason this intrigued me. They were working on the sets in between the ballad and Dies Irae: Gates of Hell I assume. They said something of that variety. So, it seems, not only is their closer to be edited, and improved. They're also planning more visual and ge aspects for the guard to use while the corps is playing.

-New guard work. The new choreography is fantastic. The best of it came in the Copland/GoH stuff.

-Speaking of the ballad, the soloist is now doing something different. He is interacting with the guard soloist.

This is all I really remember. Hopefully we'll continue to see some improvements in the show. We'll see how Akron goes tonight. I sadly, won't make it.

Thanks for the feedback and the periscope last night. I'll be at Akron tonight, hopefully they put on a good performance.

Really happy they got rid of the overpowering trumpets in the opener. Was a little cringeworthy before.

Me too, it was so unbalanced having 4 leads right on the 40 to 45 area. Works a lot better with some crescendo having some lead come in at the end of the phrase.