Carolina Crown 2015

Anyone else notice?

1. The upside down crown in the opening set?

2. The upside down rotating 3D prism in the second production?

Several people mentioned the second one after watching the preview video.

I love their show...the one thing I thought was when the red silk was over the soloist....he was staged just standing on the sideline. I was thinking how t might have been neat if he was on the field and staged with some sort of creepy guard movement around him. Kind of got lost from the high camera view.

Then again, the Crown design team knows their business, so what do I know!!! :tounge2:

Edited by MikeD

I thought they looked nervous too. Not surprising, it being their first show and the lateness. Also thought that the tempos seemed rushed, compared to the Home show a few days earlier? Given these issues, along with the problem with the red silk, I thought they scored well.

I thought they looked nervous too. Not surprising, it being their first show and the lateness. Also thought that the tempos seemed rushed, compared to the Home show a few days earlier? Given these issues, along with the problem with the red silk, I thought they scored well.

I'm sure the "late to the gate" moment to start their first show of the season didn't help matters... They'll be "on fire" Saturday I bet! (pun intended)

I was part of a discussion where several felt Crown's arrangement's this year, sans the usual tonguing exercises, sounded more akin to the arrangements done by JD Shaw than what we have been used to hearing at Crown from Michael Klesch. Those master musicians (college band directors which I am not) pointed to the low brass particularly and the sense of a lot of whole notes.

Me, I liked the melodies as I was aware of most of the music.

I love their show...the one thing I thought was when the red silk was over the soloist....he was staged just standing on the sideline. I was thinking how t might have been neat if he was on the field and staged with some sort of creepy guard movement around him. Kind of got lost from the high camera view.

Mike,

This was my thought exactly.

Plus I couldn't help but remember when Charlie played the phenomenal baritone solo for BAC a few years back and was also covered in a scrim...in fact the whole hornline was.

• Like 1

I was part of a discussion where several felt Crown's arrangement's this year, sans the usual tonguing exercises, sounded more akin to the arrangements done by JD Shaw than what we have been used to hearing at Crown from Michael Klesch. Those master musicians (college band directors which I am not) pointed to the low brass particularly and the sense of a lot of whole notes.

Me, I liked the melodies as I was aware of most of the music.

Yes - the whole show had a Phantom Regiment vibe to it. At first I thought it was just the dark & classical nature of the music, but it is more than that. Even the visual staging and guard work is more Regiment-like.

• Like 2

Yes - the whole show had a Phantom Regiment vibe to it. At first I thought it was just the dark & classical nature of the music, but it is more than that. Even the visual staging and guard work is more Regiment-like.

I would have never come up with that on my own, but that's exactly what I'm seeing.