Fan Network - Why have you forsaken me?

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the problem. The drum corps community ignored the issue for decades, so it would be no real surprise if this pigeon came back to roost.

Which is why I always buy a disc version of every year.

Won't be long before my collection of discs will be the only way to see the old shows.

• Like 3

Got a response, and as I and others feared, yup, it is copyright issues.

"Several of the archived videos had to be removed due to copyright licensing issues. They were taken down in compliance with a request from the publisher. We at the Fan Network are currently exploring our options for hosting this content again in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

Several is a bit of an understatement. More like a large quantity...

Which is why I always buy a disc version of every year.

Won't be long before my collection of discs will be the only way to see the old shows.

I ripped all my CDs, DVDs and BlueRays. Having my own personal Fan Network is a pretty cool alternative.

• Like 4

Got a response, and as I and others feared, yup, it is copyright issues.

"Several of the archived videos had to be removed due to copyright licensing issues. They were taken down in compliance with a request from the publisher. We at the Fan Network are currently exploring our options for hosting this content again in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

Several is a bit of an understatement. More like a large quantity...

I wonder if this means future copies of the Legacy DVD series will be affected.

I'm glad I got them before this happened.

It seems to me that there is a push on inside DCI to eliminate the cost of producing discs in favor of posting to FN. "Discs are for the collectors", I remember hearing.

If DCI is deleting stuff off of the FN, everyone who wants to see a legacy show will need to be a collector.

• Like 1

This is obviously the work of the North Koreans.

• Like 6

Oh!

I thought it was another plot by DCP's Garfield to make his Dublin show even more special as the only place where old discs and videos could be seen before and after the show.

Hmmm.... Marketing. I'm likin' it!

I wonder if DCI would let me...

I keed of course. No way they'd let me. Charging for tickets to see DVD's on a jumbo screen is clearly crossing a line somewhere, I'm pretty sure. I still have Beta recording of the PBS broadcasts going back to the mid-80's (and a Betamax machine!). I wonder just out of silly curiosity if there's some statute of limitations that would let me show those.

Not that I ever would, of course...

:shutup:

I keed of course. No way they'd let me. Charging for tickets to see DVD's on a jumbo screen is clearly crossing a line somewhere, I'm pretty sure. I still have Beta recording of the PBS broadcasts going back to the mid-80's (and a Betamax machine!). I wonder just out of silly curiosity if there's some statute of limitations that would let me show those.

Dear Santa,

Please bring me a Beta to Blueray burner....

Garfield

Now if one bought a ticket to the show at a certain price which also allowed access to a certain tent for a "reception" during which "reception" there might be included the showing (re-reception?), well, uh, maybe...uh???