The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Only thing about that show is that it was so disjointed musically . . .but the selections and the visual imagery was just amazing to me. Great version of "Sensamaya" as well.

"March" felt a little tacked on to the end of that show; it's a good one, but it always seems to get lost in between 1992 and 1995.

I knew nothing about Symphonic Metamorphosis back when I saw this show - all I knew was that the closer was completely out of whack with the rest of the program and really made no sense as a viewer. Loved the rest of it, though.

Mike

VK's version back from '93 was pretty close. :thumbup:

Mike

if not, Field of View in WGI in 1993

Adding onto a post way back when in the pages, I would also like the say the Holst in Eb, parts of the Chaconne I could see being in a show and I think that mixed correctly you could have a bit of success to it, just an idea

GAH!

I can't believe I haven't seen Mannin Veen by Haydn Wood on here!

That #### is cash!

SCV, please?

Love the piece. Love that you go to my alma mater.

I'm going to add Haydn's Surprise Symphony...even if it's just the first 2 minutes of it.

Adding onto a post way back when in the pages, I would also like the say the Holst in Eb, parts of the Chaconne I could see being in a show and I think that mixed correctly you could have a bit of success to it, just an idea

Southwind 2000.

Although, granted, their arrangement focuses on the Intermezzo and March instead of the Chaconne.

Still, that hornline's rendition of Legends of the Fall is one of my more favorite drum corps memories.