The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles free from funkafide filth.

Free FORM Funkafide Filth. Which is indulgent and awesome. And should not be done by a drum corps. :yin-yang:

Free FORM Funkafide Filth. Which is indulgent and awesome. And should not be done by a drum corps. :yin-yang:

You know your music. It is awesome. You have a great day.

"Wine-Dark Sea: Symphony for Band" by John Mackey. I know a few high school bands have already done or are doing this piece, but I'll be ###### if a corps doesn't play it soon.

I've always wanted to see Sigur Ros's music on the field. I know of one group in the marching band community that's going to use Ara Batur this year. And Cadets a few years back did Hoppipolla as a pit etude. But perhaps that's as far as their music will ever be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGH970Hk2k

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen Mason Bates's Mothership suggested. He has some other interesting compositions (e.g., Red River). Some of his compositions are electronics-heavy, so great for a corps like Phantom Regiment who might be trying to get on the electronics bandwagon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0K1kJOins4

Edited by kdaddy

Probably already on here, but an ABSOLUTELY obvious one Bluecoats could do wonders with in the vein of Hymn of Acxiom and Woods/Gene Takes a Drink.

Maybe a little too predictable for them, but God I'd love to hear them take it on. Loved Aha! by her in 2010 that they used.

Vienna Teng has some pretty awesome music as well, not just ballad type stuff. Really glad we got introduced to her last year through Oregon Crusaders indoor guard and then OC and Bluecoats in the summer.

Edited by DrumManTx

"Hide and Seek" was done by Spirit of JSU in 2007 and BDB in 2009. Not to mention, many marching bands have played it as well; most notably, The Woodlands in 2006.

How about some Pentatonix? "Run To You" has the potential to be an amazing ballad.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

"Hide and Seek" was done by Spirit of JSU in 2007 and BDB in 2009. Not to mention, many marching bands have played it as well; most notably, The Woodlands in 2006.

How about some Pentatonix? "Run To You" has the potential to be an amazing ballad.

Definitely know it's been used a lot, however I don't think anyone has arranged it in away that is completely true to the original version, Bluecoats arrangement of the similar Hymn in 2014 is why I think it'd still be pretty fresh.

Pentatonix. Yes. Definitely yes.

Velvet Knights' 2007 show, which placed seventh in Div. III, included Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek".

So did Blue Devils B's 2009 show, which won Open Class.

(Trivia question for anyone: without checking Corps Reps, what corps took the bronze in O.C. that season, which was just six years ago?)

And perhaps most notably, so did Spirit in their 2007 show, which placed twelfth in World Class.

Wikipedia says Heap's song was influenced by this less-catchy work:

Maybe a corps should adapt the Howard Jones song titled "Hide and Seek":

Or maybe not. I love his "No One Is to Blame", though.

(Edit: Cadevilina Crown beat me to the point. I do agree with you that Bluecoats could make "Hide and Seek" work.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand