The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

This is a cover of Tool’s  Schism, performed by the eclectic group Elephant Revival. Of note are a few instruments which could translate or are standard to the field. In particular, the snares playing those Danny Carey polyrhythms at the end of the song. 

As this thread has been going on for years, I believe it was mentioned how Vanguard could cover music from Tool. But I think now with many corps taking a risk on pieces would never expect to hear on the field, this or really any other music from the bands’  Lateralus, 10,000 Days, or Fear Innoculum releases would be fantastic.

(Not only that, but any Alex Grey artwork they might want to throw in for visual to go along).

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, tedrick said:

catch the final climax of this arrangement!

hornline arrangers have so much to learn, borrow and steal from choral arrangements -

Unreal.  People who have followed this thread should really give this one a spin.  Wow.  

I don't bump often, but I feel like I need to for this.  I've listened to the "Shall We Gather at the River" arrangement that tedrick posted a lot over the past few days, and that last 30 seconds is just brilliant arranging.  The whole thing is magical, but that add 2 chord at the end is pure bliss.  

• Like 3

On 10/18/2023 at 2:18 PM, Lance said:

I don't bump often, but I feel like I need to for this.  I've listened to the "Shall We Gather at the River" arrangement that tedrick posted a lot over the past few days, and that last 30 seconds is just brilliant arranging.  The whole thing is magical, but that add 2 chord at the end is pure bliss.  

VOCES8 are doing a show in town next week. My son's choir is having a private clinic with them!

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

VOCES8 are doing a show in town next week. My son's choir is having a private clinic with them!

I've always like them.  Their rendition of Biebl's Ave Maria is terrific, same with Lux Aeterna as Terri brought up.  

But I love the 4 extra male voices added in this arrangement from the Swedish barbershop quartet.  The 2 extra tenor voices really make it something special imo.  

• Like 4

On 10/14/2023 at 6:41 PM, tedrick said:

catch the final climax of this arrangement!

hornline arrangers have so much to learn, borrow and steal from choral arrangements -

Thank you. Their music is an out of body experience.

Their collaboration on “The Lark Ascending” is breathtaking….but not in a drum corps way. God I love music.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2