The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Given what Bloo did with Jose / beFore John 5 in 2016 and Bump last year.  I can see it adapting well.  And not just for Bloo. 

Speaking of Jose/beFore John 5....if you've not seen the full original source of that do.  There is SO MUCH MORE that can be done with that peice too.

4:05 is the apex of percussionists finding something and the first question is "what would it sound like if I drummed on this?"

• Like 4

oh hey! I wonder who was playing the bass clarinet during this performance. Lol!!!

This piece was fun to play, but we were tired of playing it. We debuted it at CBDNA the previous year and debuted it at TMEA. But there is some DCI show potential.

Edit*

I feel like a jerk for saying this but please forgive the clarinet section (not the bass clarinets, we rocked it). It sadly wasn't their best performance.

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

oh hey! I wonder who was playing the bass clarinet during this performance. Lol!!!

This piece was fun to play, but we were tired of playing it. We debuted it at CBDNA the previous year and debuted it at TMEA. But there is some DCI show potential.

Edit*

I feel like a jerk for saying this but please forgive the clarinet section (not the bass clarinets, we rocked it). It sadly wasn't their best performance.

Well done from a fellow Clarinetist!  I love playing bass clarinet.  Really fun piece.  

Jacob Collier's arrangement of BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS..Those chords, played by Crown, BD or Bluecoats would stop the show...Peace

6 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Given today's date, I'm reminded of this ###### tune that has been played far too little in drum corps. 

Ahhhhhh

intro music to every boys basketball game for four years of pep band.  

no thanks. 

I graduated in 1988 and you’ve just reignited that earworm. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Given today's date, I'm reminded of this ###### tune that has been played far too little in drum corps. 

13 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Ahhhhhh

intro music to every boys basketball game for four years of pep band.  

no thanks. 

I graduated in 1988 and you’ve just reignited that earworm. 

I've played this chart in a '70s R&B horn band for some 18 years. 😂

• Like 1

Some of us tenor saxes would get so bored laying the chords in we'd double the bass parts with the low brass using the old 'foot in the bell' strategy to make the low B-flat be a low A

• Haha 1