The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Did they do this piece then? I"m sorry...I missed it. It didn't show up on corpreps. Oh well...my lack of inner knowledge rears up to bite me in the ### once again...

The Cadets did the more traditional Jethro Tull version in their Jethro Tull show. (still weird to say "Cadets did a Jethro Tull show")

Has the frozen cathedral been recommended yet?

Lemme see.

(type, type, type) (click)

9WZ5xTK.png

Nope!

Definately a lot of interesting tunes mentioned in this thread (Especially mine lol).

The thing I would like to see DCI music get away from is Classical, Symphonic, Wind ensemble genres. Honestly, what percent of shows within the last couple of years used music from those genres? There is SO much out there that dosen't fall in to those categories....SO much.....sheesh. :)

Ah, gee. These are my favorite genres and I remember when they were considered daring and on the edge for a corps to do them. Along came Mr. Royer and Santa Clara mastered them while Cavies played Lizt's Les Preludes.

I would like to see our design teams come up with different pieces from these genres...even if the present MMs weren't alive the last time their corps or any corps played them.

I'd also love to hear the Divine Comedy or some of Yoko Shimomura's music on the field

• Like 1

Lemme see.

(type, type, type) (click)

:inlove:9WZ5xTK.png

Nope!

It would sound amazing with the right instrumentation :inlove:

Please understand, I don't want to get the thread off on a tangent, but in earnest, who do you believe has the ability to compose really good pieces for drum corps that work as instructors now?

I just see Corps moving more in the original composition arena as more and more resources are spent on obtaining the various rights for music? Just a guess, but it's logical.