And can I just say that opening impact segment is absolutely golden?! There were a good few people who whooped and hollered after that in which was before a silent theater. I was stunned after that. The way they sounded, the writing............that's a moment of the summer right there. Incredible.

• Like 2

Not that a periscope video should change my mind completely about this show, but it almost did. Wow. Need to see 500 more times and I'm sure it will happen. This show is going to be incredible live.

• Like 2

Love this show or hate it, falling flat or winning its first championship, they're giving us something completely new, pulling out the stops, and risking a lot with this show. You've got to give them props for that. There is not 1 safe, easy thing about it.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Posted this on another thread: Wow. I didn't see it in theaters but I just saw Bluecoats on Youtube. I think this is their year to win gold honestly. Incredibly exciting show. SO much use of electronics but it's great use. Throughout the season they will continue to tweak everything and hopefully add even cooler stuff. And man, that hornline is so freakin incredible. Regardless of what the judges say, they are by far the second best hornline in DCI behind Crown. The last chord of that ballad sounded absolutely unbelievable. They have an incredible brass staff. All of their captions look strong and I really love their drumline this year. The whole corps is on fire. I can't wait to see Kinetic Noise in Akron on Saturday! Bloo wins gold this year. You heard it here first. Just think about where they were at this point last year and they still improved significantly and got silver. Oh my god this is gonna be a great year for them.

One thing to add. After only 3 listens to the ballad it might already be my favorite ever. Mindblowingly great.

• Like 2

I am literally thinking about quitting work and becoming a groupie this year it was that good. Oh My God. In my 25 years of DCI, I have NEVER seen anything like it. More please.

• Like 4

Enjoy sitting in your chair when everyone else goes nuts at finals. Party pooper.

Rondinaro said after their performance tonight that at the beginning of Bluecoats' show he wanted a bit less electronics and a bit more brass. DeLucia replied that "some people say that this is the future", and that the Bluecoats are leading the way. I hope not.

Let me clarify! I hope that not all or even most future shows make this much use of electronics. It's going to be a great show. I'd be perfectly happy to see it win everything at Finals in eight weeks. But I'd be equally happy to see Crown or Cadets win it all (to go just by tonight's performances), and I'd hate to have Bloo's style predominate at the expense of the others. Vive la difference, right?

But to the degree that electronics do get used, then by all means let the Bluecoats example lead that use.

Beyond that, it was fun to finally see what my Denison-alum friends described to me a couple weeks ago after watching a couple hours of rehearsal during the "Big Red Reunion Weekend". They told me it was going to push the envelope--and they really liked the props and the slow-motion effects in the drill.

Finally, tonight's performance should put to rest the unsubstantiated predictions that "Kinetic Noise" would be designed as "Tilt 2".

• Like 3

Rondinaro said after their performance tonight that at the beginning of Bluecoats' show he wanted a bit less electronics and a bit more brass. DeLucia replied that "some people say that this is the future", and that the Bluecoats are leading the way. I hope not.

Let me clarify! I hope that not all or even most future shows make this much use of electronics. It's going to be a great show. I'd be perfectly happy to see it win everything at Finals in eight weeks. But I'd be equally happy to see Crown or Cadets win it all (to go just by tonight's performances), and I'd hate to have Bloo's style predominate at the expense of the others. Vive la difference, right?

But to the degree that electronics do get used, then by all means let the Bluecoats example lead that use.

Beyond that, it was fun to finally see what my Denison-alum friends described to me a couple weeks ago after watching a couple hours of rehearsal during the "Big Red Reunion Weekend". They told me it was going to push the envelope--and they really liked the props and the slow-motion effects in the drill.

Finally, tonight's performance should put to rest the unsubstantiated predictions that "Kinetic Noise" would be designed as "Tilt 2".

Tilt 2 would have been preferable. Sorry, I just don't like this show at all. They should just chuck the kinetic and call the show "Noise".

If you have even a sniff of being able to get to see this show live ... do it. The package on video is great. But live, it soars.

I can't do it justice describing the difference.

If you have even a sniff of being able to get to see this show live ... do it. The package on video is great. But live, it soars.

I can't do it justice describing the difference.

I think that could be said for every show and definitely the top 3 last night.