LOL, not like a total meltdown, just drop a spot or 2, they sound great just don't think that show will push them into the top spot, but who knows.

Hmmm, well they're doing pretty well so far, but obviously it IS early. I wouldn't count on a "meltdown" though. Bluecoats are great, but the competition at the top is pretty heated so all the top corps are gonna have to fight hard for it.

• Like 1

Here's the link, amazing audio quality

http://youtu.be/sIRdkW6okkE

Ouch, 2:56 sounds really rough without electronics. This video kinda highlights their weakness, which is brass. They are probably firmly in 4th behind Crown/Cadets/BD right now.

Edited by defeldus

Yes, I would think so, brass was a weakness last year as well, but I think they are in better shape this year than last at this point.

Ouch, 2:56 sounds really rough without electronics. This video kinda highlights their weakness, which is brass. They are probably firmly in 4th behind Crown/Cadets/BD right now.

IT'S JUNE. One technically demanding portion of their show does not equal a weakness. Wait until about San Antonio to reserve that judgement but I hear no weakness there. This group has a depth of sound from their low brass (namely Contras) that I dare say only Crown comes close to.

Also, to say they are "firmly" behind a corps that has yet to beat them in overall score is a little much. Does anyone else hear any honking sounds from other there? (Or probably over here too)

Yes, I would think so, brass was a weakness last year as well, but I think they are in better shape this year than last at this point.

A third place brass finish (over Cadets, might I add) would disagree with you for last year.

Edited by THeShadeOfNight

?? Their brass was pretty #### good last year. Didn't they get like 4th last year?

Edit: just checked. They got 3rd. What are you smoking?

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

I'm speaking in terms of the total package, if you had to pick a weakness in their package, brass would be it I would think and that's not too bad :)

how are they behind Crown - who they've beaten head to head each time?

yes they are in better shape now than last year at this time

no - it wasn't a weakness - they ended up 3rd in brass I think?

I'm speaking in terms of the total package, if you had to pick a weakness in their package, brass would be it I would think and that's not too bad :)

You must have missed all the discussion about their feet issues, which held them back for much of the summer last year.

Hey, I'm on your side, I think they have a great chance to be the champs this year!